• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M445 Monarch

A

Anonymous

Can get an original M445 to make pattern.
I don't particularly think this is a popular jacket and am reluctant to do it.
However, if any of you guys thinks otherwise, please come forward.

airfrogusmc

I had US Authentic make me an M 445 a couple of years ago. If you were to make one I might consider it. I can't remember if the Monarch has the two buttons or not. Heres some shots of mine. I know not 100% accurate but its my favorite sheepskin I have yet to own and as most here know I've owned a few. I ordered it with a one piece back.

IMG_8231.jpg

IMG_8233.jpg

IMG_19742-1.jpg

I added the USMC buttons
IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_8236.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

Big Talon was from Clark (Thanks again Clark)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
airfrogusmc said:
I can't remember if the Monarch has the two buttons or not ...

Most Monarchs were version 1, without the buttons (M445, M445A) ... the M445B (with buttons) was introduced during the production of their last contract.

RCSignals

If I were to buy a sheepskin jacket it would be one of these. It seems more practical than a B-3. That said I'm not sure I would buy one.

But it may be worth it for you to make patterns at least anyway.

airfrogusmc

PLATON said:
Can get an original M445 to make pattern.
I don't particularly think this is a popular jacket and am reluctant to do it.
However, if any of you guys thinks otherwise, please come forward.

So are you gonna do it?

m444uk

It would be interesting to see ELC shearling sales figures. I would guess the biggest sellers were:

1) B-3
2) RAF
3) D-1
4) B-6

and a distant 5th ANJ-4. If it sold in any numbers they would surely also make the M-444, perhaps the most practical shearling of all.

John Lever

I would say the RAF would be top of the list, but we could both be wrong. Of all of them, the Anj-4 is the most practical.

m444uk

I remember Stuart Clurman saying on his old forum, his B3 outsold the ANJ-4 by a factor of 20 to 1. Difficult to read to much into that I guess as I don't think he sells many of either !

In 2006 or so, I bought a batch of new Eastman Roughwear B6s from the RAF museum close out sale and they were serial numbered in the low hundreds. I sold one to John Chapman which I think was no.109 (it can be seen in his flight jacket CD).
If anyone has got a recent serial number we can deduce the annual output ?

Members online

Latest posts