• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M421

tgd31968

Anyone have a feedback on the WPG M-421 navy summer flight jacket? I am interested in one for summer wear, when an A-2 is too heavy.

I was not thrilled with thier B-3, so I am a little unsure about any of their clothing.

Terry

tgd31968

I e-mailed WPG and asked about sizing. They got back right away and recomended a size 44 for me. I then e-mailed and asked if the zipper was right handed or left handed, as I have seen some of thier stuff with the zips backward. two weeks and two e-mails later, no response.
I am trying to figure if I hit them in a soft spot, or they just don't like questions.

asiamiles

I had one of these and due to the short sleeves I found it unwearable; if you want a summer cotton jacket go for a Buzz instead.

zoomer

And make sure price and size are no object.

I had a WPG in size 40 that was given free with a patch purchase. I'm a 44, so no joy there, but I did notice that the fabric was standard non-resistant poplin and that the beltback was coming unstitched. It seems to be meant strictly for appearance.

Your best bet on a '421 is just to wait. You see 2 or 3 Willis & Geiger repros a year on eBay, and they are very nicely made out of their proprietary Bush Poplin. I'm very happy with mine, and my bid was just over $100.

I have one of these WPG repros.
Superficially, it's decent enough. Cheap enough too, if you got it from WPG and not the people who bought from him and resell on EBay at exorbitant prices. It's not a military-quality jacket.
But I haven't ever seen a real one of these to compare. I can say that the stitching is not good, and is coming free in the biswing back. And the cover over the zipper pull (the metal part, not the leather) came off and I had to glue it back.
So, yes, if you want one that's on the money and lasts well, I'd say go another route.
Speaking of which, who's made these as repros, anyone have photos they can share? I'd love a better one myself.
Dan

tgd31968

Maverickson said:
tgd31968 said:
Anyone have a feedback on the WPG M-421 navy summer flight jacket? I am interested in one for summer wear, when an A-2 is too heavy.

I was not thrilled with thier B-3, so I am a little unsure about any of their clothing.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Is this the jacket you were looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-US-NAVY-Bu-AER ... 7C294%3A50

Or, is this a reproduction M-421?

Dave

Yes. I decided not to buy a WPG, so I am keeping my eye out for the right one.

Terry