• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-445

ECKHARTUS

Hi there,
I bought this jacket recently and Jeff (wheat1479) was kind enough to receive it for me in the USA and to send it to me in France. I shall like thanking him warmly for his kindness.
The jacket arrived with one big tear under every arm. I am rather satisfied with my repair because it's solid stuff. I sewed on again delicately and then I added some wool inside but also outside on the sewing.
It is a size 42 rather difficult to find and the skin is still very supple.
M444.JPG

m4445.JPG

M444N.JPG

Regards,
David

dujardin

congrats with this nice one

i also enjoy Navy jackets

good point you can make a repair

VLJ is a great family, everytime someone to help. ;)

Roughwear

Well done. You have rescued this jacket so it should display well. It looks like it has had little wear, but the shearling used on naval fleece jackets is liable to rip very easily these days.

Peter Graham

Beware. Those Navy shearlings are a timebomb. Be very careful that you don't catch your hand in the cuff when putting it on and off. You could pull the whole cuff off. I know this from experience. :(

Roughwear

Peter Graham said:
Beware. Those Navy shearlings are a timebomb. Be very careful that you don't catch your hand in the cuff when putting it on and off. You could pull the whole cuff off. I know this from experience. :(

This is excellent advice Peter and quite true.

dujardin

ohh yes, alas... good advice

mine is on a manniquin (buste) and i don't touch her anymore :cry:
splendid jackets those Navy jackets but too fragile :(