• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lovely new GW online - G1 Pritzker

ButteMT61

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/5 ... itzker_44/

Pritzker_G1.jpg

tibor

Absolutely beautiful jacket. It looks like a kinda waxy finish. My own preference is for the more matte finish goatskin John's used in the past.

blackrat2

I am sure John can chip in but he sent me pics of a jacket recently and commented that the flash was from the camera and a trick of the light..I eventually purchased the jacket and it's a dull seal and not shiny in any way

ButteMT61

There are a few filters that make leather look shiny.
I like it myself, but Id wager it's only the camera/filters causing this to highlight the grain, etc.

TankBuster

RM jackets always had that shiny look to them! I sold mine and never looked at them again. Great constructed jacket, but that shiny finish is no good.

interbak

It looks like a fuller cut than most navy jackets, might be a good choice for us "larger than military spec" guys. John sent me one of his G-1 test jackets a couple years ago to try on. It was absolutely stunning, unfortunately it was just too snug and I returned it.

This gets the wheels spinning.

B

devilish

I'm betting that the shine is lighting not leather. John knows what finish a jacket should have. Someone once said "the camera never lies" but they were about as wrong as it's possible to get. Photography is a tricky practice. Easily manipulated when one wants but also hard to get under ones thumb when needed too. I would bet that in person this jacket looks just like a newly issued original.

fleet16b

Great looking jacket
I have an original Pritzker and am looking fir a label
Anyone have an original or repro I can purchase ?