• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Worlds' Mutton Collar - Too Dark?

Philalethes

What color does Lost Worlds' use for their mutton collar: black or very dark brown?

It looks black to me, and to be honest it doesn't seem to match any of the brown hides very well. Am I off the mark?

Were any original mutton collars that dark when they were paired with brown hides (as in a B-2, G-1, etc.)?

airfrogusmc

Philalethes said:
What color does Lost Worlds' use for their mutton collar: black or very dark brown?

It looks black to me, and to be honest it doesn't seem to match any of the brown hides very well. Am I off the mark?

Were any original mutton collars that dark when they were paired with brown hides (as in a B-2, G-1, etc.)?

Original mouton was all over the place in regards to light and dark. I had an LW G-1 some years back. If it would have been a little larger I would have kept it. The mouton on that jacket IIRC was very dark brown and had a kinda purple cast.

RCSignals

They may have all started dark, and faded over time. The LW mouton for their G1 is dark brown generally. Like any other it will fade over time.

mindful

I got this one from lost world they do two one is original new old stock mouton and the other is a cheaper version which is fake fur
002-2.jpg
the fur looks very nice and soft .

mindful

mindful said:
I got this one from lost world they do two one is original new old stock mouton and the other is a cheaper version which is fake fur
002-2.jpg
its a kinda dark tanned brown very nice

Philalethes

mindful said:
002-2.jpg

Great looking coat you have there, mindful. The brown comes through better on your pictures than those on LW's website.

mindful

waiting to get this irvin forster back from tailors repairing collar cuffs and waistband will show how to new fur looks when i get it back hoping they do a great job ;)