• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Worlds B15-A

Beero

Received my limited edition B15-A from LW's this week. Wow! NOS Sateen, faded mouton collar, craftsmanship beyond compare. I was expecting this from Stuart as I've seen the same in every one of the five LW's jackets I've owned... but this B15 has me stunned. I'd urge anyone who wants a cloth B15 to consider the LW's limited edition. Disclaimer: Anal retentive accuracy freaks will probably whine about the lack of an AAF iron-on and "official" label. They'll also probably find the perfect stitching annoying as well. But the good news is... there's an ELC alternative for those folks, so all is good! My only regret is ordering this gem so late in the season. I'll have to wait till October/November to give it a proper workout! Oh yeah, and the great part is this gem qualifies as an inherently flame retardant garment due to the 100% natural fiber content so I can wear it at work too (unlike the nylon B15's).

Do yourself a favor and check it out!

Peter Graham

Beero said:
Disclaimer: Anal retentive accuracy freaks will probably whine about the lack of an AAF iron-on and "official" label. They'll also probably find the perfect stitching annoying as well. But the good news is... there's an ELC alternative for those folks, so all is good!
Hi Beero, welcome to the forum. Nice to hear from another cloth jacket fan but what's wrong with an accurate repro ? I'm sure LW could have made one, so why not ? I'd be interested to see pics.

Falcon_52

Beero - that looks like the same alpaca lining as what Lost Worlds used on my B-2. It has a really nice feel to it - not quite as itchy as a sheep wool. I'm sure that the construction is first rate as well. Too bad you won't get to really put it through it's paces until autumn...

Noel

Beero

Peter Graham said:
Beero said:
Disclaimer: Anal retentive accuracy freaks will probably whine about the lack of an AAF iron-on and "official" label. They'll also probably find the perfect stitching annoying as well. But the good news is... there's an ELC alternative for those folks, so all is good!
Hi Beero, welcome to the forum. Nice to hear from another cloth jacket fan but what's wrong with an accurate repro ? I'm sure LW could have made one, so why not ? I'd be interested to see pics.
Not my first post. Just my first post since the latest server upgrade.

Nothing wrong with an accurate repro. I just happen to prefer a repro that is 80-90% accurate but 110% perfectly crafted. This is a learned behavior based on several past transactions with ELC and RMNZ on a variety of jackets that were 100% historically accurate but ended up wearing out like a 40's original when worn daily. To each his own, But I'll opt for spending my money on something that will last longer in lieu of quenching my anal-retentive urges to own something that can be claimed as an "exact copy".