• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Worlds A-2 Jacket Question

442RCT

Will this jacket 'balance' out with time like the ad says, it's awfully wrinkled on one side.
http://cgi.ebay.com/LOST-WORLDS-A-2-DUB ... 240%3A1318
How does a LW jacket compare in sizing to an ELC jacket ? I have a ELC size 40 that fits me perfectly.

Is this seller, Lost Worlds, e-Bay site ? Or does anyone know if this seller is selling factory seconds?
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/grapemoby

ps- I shouldn't be looking to buy another A-2, I already have too many. :roll:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:
Will this jacket 'balance' out with time like the ad says, it's awfully wrinkled on one side.

.... maybe. :?

Is this seller, Lost Worlds, e-Bay site ? Or does anyone know if this seller is selling factory seconds?

Yes ... Lost Worlds eBay site, as a change from the yardbirdraveup ID. Selling seconds, and old stock ... some of it old patterns, the usual offerings from the Lost Worlds sale page.

442RCT

Pretty drastic discount, from $ 900+ to $ 290, what's your opinion ? Deal or no deal ?

Does anyone know if the label in a Lost Worlds jacket has anything indicating that Lost Words is the manufacturer ?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:
Pretty drastic discount, from $ 900+ to $ 290, what's your opinion ? Deal or no deal ?

I would say no deal ... well, generally speaking. That is, if you are looking for another reasonably accurate repro, you would probably be happier with another Eastman.

Does anyone know if the label in a Lost Worlds jacket has anything indicating that Lost Words is the manufacturer ?

From memory, the civilian jackets have a label with a flamingo. The A-2 is easy to spot ... the label reads DRAWING No. 30-415, instead of 30-1415. The size tag is also separate, not woven into the label.

Vcruiser

deeb7 said:
442RCT said:

I would say no deal ... well, generally speaking. That is, if you are looking for another reasonably accurate repro, you would probably be happier with another Eastman.

I agree. My first repro was an early Lost Worlds A2. Quite different than an Eastman or Aero...hide and finishwize. Also sleeve holes are cut quite high compared to others.
Van

442RCT

Thanks, I appreciate all the sage advice...the primary reason I was thinking about buying it was because I didn't own an A-2 from this manufacturer and I already have a cat clawed ELC :eek:

jacketimp

442RCT said:
Thanks, I appreciate all the sage advice...the primary reason I was thinking about buying it was because I didn't own an A-2 from this manufacturer and I already have a cat clawed ELC :eek:

heard that LW hides are pretty bomb-proof......

dunno whather it's claw-proof.

ausreenactor

Getns..

In days of old...$290 for a Lost Worlds (albeit in this guise) would have been pretty good. I think you could lay down $100 more
and get a decent ELC or, yes, Aero Contract version from eBay. Prices are down...Hot water treatment and worn til dry?? Maybe??
I would save the money...you could have had my ELC 40 Horse on eBay for as little as $375!!

Couchy