• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost my lucky dice

A2 B3au

Any tips on how to prevent the next pair I come by from falling of the flimsy chain they are on. Nice one not so lucky Art

A2 B3au

You lot maaan I thought my little idea of a squeeze with pliers was gonna be a revelation... How bout a little soldering just to make sure then if they still get lost u wasn't meant to have them( maplin sell tool for the job £9 I think ).. nice one Art

dmar836

I have no lucky dice therefore have yet to have the bad luck of loosing them. Problem solved before it even started!
Dave

Stony

I have no lucky dice therefore have yet to have the bad luck of loosing them. Problem solved before it even started!

So you won't be playing craps in Vegas anytime soon?

dmar836

Nope. Not a games of chance guy. Last time inVegas my wife and I spend a total of about $5 on slot machines and that was it!
Didn’t the Us have a crimped together plastic-type loop/lanyard for dog tags and such? I would think such a thing could be made to go along with or to entirely replace the chain.
Just spit-ballin’,
Dave

Pilot

293FBB82-4C98-4055-A5C0-66FC16B78A6E.jpeg
Found these on a Luftwaffe pilot’s issued channel jacket...
Now its on my ELC RW. A-2.

Last edited:

Garylafortuna

Those ball chains that come with the dice are definitely the weak link. If you get it snagged on something your dice are gone in a flash. Most hobby shops carry leather thongs small enough to fit into the dice holes, which are a lot stronger. What with the price some vendors are asking for lucky dice, we need to give them all the protection and support we can muster. Pilot's solution
is attractive and strong. Top drawer Pilot.

Last edited: