• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Loose zip

John Lever

The very old Aero/Talon zip slider combo on my very old ELC B3 won't stay up and keeps sliding down. Is there a solution other than a new zip ?
thanks

Roughwear

You try to squeeze the sides of the slider with pliers so becomes stiffer on the zip rack. Alternatively just replace the slider.

John Lever

It has worked but though better it's now rather raspy. At first it completely stuck fast so I had to widen it with a screw driver.
I will see how it goes but in the end might go for a new or better zip.

derleicaman

As Andrew suggested, you may want to go with a new slider. These shouldn't be too hard to find for a Talon. I'm sure the tapes for the zipper are just fine, so why mess with them?

Roughwear

You just remove the end stop at the top of the zip with pliers, pull off the zip slider and replace. The end stop can be opened up a little, pushed back on to the tape and closed shut with pliers.