• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for pics of this Luftwaffe jacket

STEVE S.

looking for pics of this Luftwaffe jacket I've been contracted to make. Looking for pics of original jackets only to confirm details as the pegasus reproduction isn't an exact replica. many of the details such as buckles etc are wrong & I want to get this as close to correct as possible. the jacket is the double breasted "Doppelreihiger Luftwaffe" worn by Hans Joachim Marseille.

the pegasus repop.

ADC

Just curious, having see photos of the Pegasus jacket being worn, it looks way wrong to how it would have been worn in the Luftwaffe days. Blouse like modern fit. Is your brief to replicate the tight fit and cut as well as the aesthetic details?

Jon S

I'm going to have to second the previous comments. I don't mean any disrespect, but that jacket just doesn't look right. Google Hans Joachim Marseille and I think you'll find pics of what that jacket tried to emulate. Missed the mark, in my opinion.

STEVE S.

I'll be building this according to the customer's requests/measurements, so fit will be up to him. mainly looking for info on how the original liners were patterned, pockets/flaps/buckles etc. I've sourced original, NOS buttons so have that covered.

comparing pics, I dont think that chest zip pocket is correct along with the use of slide buckles on the sleeves/sides on that pegasus jacket.

STEVE S.

ADC said:
Just curious, having see photos of the Pegasus jacket being worn, it looks way wrong to how it would have been worn in the Luftwaffe days. Blouse like modern fit. Is your brief to replicate the tight fit and cut as well as the aesthetic details?

maybe this will answer that question. on the left is the 1/2 back pattern for the B-2, on the right is the reworked pattern for the Marseille jacket. both are size 44 chest. the B-2 looks alot wider due to the extra inch in the pattern for the vertical seam running down the back.

the hide & liner materials

in natural lighting

STEVE S.

Thanks! I patterned all the details based on photos of originals. not to knock anyone's work, but that pegasus jacket looks like it is made out of roofing tar paper & just lacks detail or accents.