Looking for Painted WW2 Flight Jacket

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by brendan, Aug 18, 2017.

1. brendan

brendan New Member

Hello,
    I have been searching for a very high quality original painted WW2 flight jacket. I have been searching on ebay but am wondering if there are other places I might go to search for one. For the right piece, the budget could be significant. Thank you in advance for any help. Best, Brendan

2. johnwayne

johnwayne Active Member

Be careful on eBay, there's a lot of con artists out there and some very good fakes but here is a good place to start! You may be better in the For Sale/wants section but if it to wear then size might be an issue, happy hunting and if something appears on eBay and your unsure I've no doubt there a few here will offer help/ comment. If you do find something I'm sure too we'd all love to see it at some point!!

3. B-Man2

B-Man2 Active Member

Brendan
    Haven't heard from you in a while.
    Any luck with your search?

4. brendan

brendan New Member

No I haven't. There hasn't been anything good on ebay in a while. Any other ideas would be welcome!

5. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

I know that often these painted A-2s are sold by collectors to collectors through various networks to avoid Ebay and other auction fees. There are several A-2 jacket groups on Facebook where you may have better luck. This dealer in the USA has sold many painted jackets over the years.

http://www.baystatemilitaria.com/WWII/WWIIuniforms.htm

6. dmar836

dmar836 Well-Known Member

I can vouch for Baystate. I have purchased from him and found things to be exactly as shown and described.
    "Full disclosure" dealers are getting harder to find.
    These things don't walk into a shop everyday anymore so be careful when you see them. They have been faked before and I'm sure that's a trend that will rise again.
    JMO,
    Dave

Roughwear likes this.