• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lone wolf boots sizing ?

blackcat

SUGAR CANE jeans co. "LONE WOLF" BOOTS, SZ.9.5
"LONE WOLF" BOOTS, BLACK LEATHER, CONTRAST STITCHING Item number: 120267078428
Firstly apologies that i never seem able to list a live link to ebay - i just do not know how ?
Obviously these are USA size 9.5 can anyone tell me what that is in UK size ? also do Lone Wolf boots tend to be on the big side or the small side !
Thanks
Blackcat

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

blackcat

Thanks for the info, i have made a copy of the size chart for future reference, those boots sure look good though !

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
blackcat said:
Thanks for the info, i have made a copy of the size chart for future reference, those boots sure look good though !

You're welcome Blackcat, and I'm sure the Lone Wolfs would fit you.

As an example, I wear UK Tricker's oxfords in a 9.5, and the Buzz Rickson's officer shoes in a US 10. Both these pairs fit well, yet the Lone Wolfs in 9.5, are more roomy, and I can wear with thicker socks.

chicken

Lone Wolfs (or Lone Wolves?) come in E width, therefore a little roomier than standard Ds, width-wise. Just FYI.

blackcat

As i started this post i will add a few more observations
in England i take a size 9 in everything although i could possibly fit into some 8.5's that is of course if we made them - we do not do half sizes here for adults as a rule.
i own the following boots Buco (japanesese repro) engineer boot size 9D
Double - H engineer boot size 8.5
Chippewa engineer boot size 9EE
Carolina engineer boot size 9.5
1946 (repro) black leather converse boot size 9.5
where i havent stated width fitting then i couldnt read it due to wear !
out of all the above the carolina boots fit the best, followed by chippewa and converse - the Buco boots are the biggest by far and require the thickest of innersoles and thickest of socks - not good in summer !
so chances are the Lone Wolf inn size 9.5 would probably be too big - but i wouldnt know for sure unless i tried them on, it is a lot of money to pay out if they do not fit.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
blackcat said:
so chances are the Lone Wolf inn size 9.5 would probably be too big - but i wouldnt know for sure unless i tried them on, it is a lot of money to pay out if they do not fit.

Looking at your list the 9.5 will be too big, if you can find a size 9 they will be spot on.

blackcat

"Looking at your list the 9.5 will be too big, if you can find a size 9 they will be spot on".

Thats what Deeb said to me many years ago - and he was 100% right, they fit perfect.

ok so it's took a long time (years) to reach the decision and click "buy now" but bearing in mind the price, plus shipping and customs (yes the b*#t*~ds nailed me for £119.00 - guess thats around $165 extra give or take),

it's a lot of boot - but also a lot of money.
do i regret it ? if i am truthful, then a little, (purely for the amount of money spent which i can ill afford at this moment - but that feeling will pass soon, it's not the first time i have been stung by Her Majestys finest !.

The quality and attention to detail is superb, they look great and feel great, and yes i am now finally an owner of these fantastic boots.

I'll try and post photos with this post, my past attempts have been hit and miss.

P1020995_zps6e3a58ba.jpg

P1020996_zpse48c18c6.jpg

P1020997_zps5a92e628.jpg

Thanks Deeb for sorting out the sizing issue, i probably wouldnt have bought them if it wasn't for your confident answer.
had i bought the wrong size i really would have been sickened.

Rest in peace man, even now your posts are still helping and advising VLJ members like myself and i'm sure will do so for many years to come, - not a bad legacy at all to leave behind.

Thank you
Blackcat