• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather flake

WingAndaPrayer

Hey gang I have a question for you all. Actually a two part question, so here goes.

I re acquired my SMW jacket. The buyer didn’t like it so I took it back. He put an AAF decal on the sleeve and it looked like hell with the peeling. It came off so easily I was able to scrape it off with my finger nail. My 1st question is should I put some dye in the spots, leather conditioner or just say to hell with it and go as is?
Second, does that mean the leather is poor quality? Below are some pictures of what I’m dealing with.
DF148FBF-B7DC-4D5D-9BBA-CE801F886FF2.jpeg

And after
3619B315-4041-4632-9AED-ECB2459305FF.jpeg

B-Man2

I would leave it alone . Regardless of the quality of the leather you will probably continue to have this problem. Just chalk it up to the aging process and go with it . In about a year you won’t care about it and the jacket will begin to look really good .

Chandler

I would leave it alone . Regardless of the quality of the leather you will probably continue to have this problem. Just chalk it up to the aging process and go with it . In about a year you won’t care about it and the jacket will begin to look really good .
Yeah, just wait until the liner near the neck starts to fray and separate... JUST like a vintage jacket! :p

p32OKwT.jpg

WingAndaPrayer

So far it only had the problem with peeling where the decal pulled chunks out when it came off. Otherwise it’s just normal wear in high spots. Observe
B6C85073-7981-4C5C-A284-74343EE24DF8.jpeg