• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather 365th Fighter Squadron patch made for vet's relative....

EMBLEMHUNTER

Here's my latest Leather patch work , a WW-2 P-47 unit, 365th Fighter Sqadron, a P-47 unit "Obviously" , enjoy :)
365th Fighter Squadron (2).jpg

B-Man2

The work looks nice but .... couldn't the 365th come up with a cooler design than that? I mean they flew one super bad fighter, the P-47 , and that's the best they could come up with .......a flying bolt. Not being disrespectful of the men or their deeds......just the design .

EMBLEMHUNTER

The work looks nice but .... couldn't the 365th come up with a cooler design than that? I mean they flew one super bad fighter, the P-47 , and that's the best they could come up with .......a flying bolt. Not being disrespectful of the men or their deeds......just the design .
Yeah, I agree, but I guess seeing as they flew the Thunderbolt" that's why they went with this specific one, it could have been better , but I think it's also kind of funny too :)
And the main reason it wasn't approved "Officially" seeing as it eludes to what they flew, the AAF had regs about patches not having the aircraft they used on them ......