• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest win, a CWU-45P

Atticus

deeb7 said:
Valley Apparel? Good choice, they make a nice jacket ... I think you'll be keeping it too.
That's good to hear. The maker is actually the reason I bid on this jacket. I've had Alphas and Isratex and maybe Greenbriers...but never a Valley Apparel. Sounds like Larry might be getting one of my Alpha or Isratex jackets!

AF

USMC_GAU-21

Dean,

Nice pick up on your CWU-45, you will like it. I washed mine all the time. In the dryer on high, on perm press didn't matter, it always came out nice. I had a Valley, and a Isratex. I for sure liked the Valley. I had an older Large Bi-Wing back CWU-45 it was my favorite jacket. It was a large, and washed 100's of times. Got it from another 53 crewchief when he got out in 1989. It had been washed on the ship a few times and that is very hard on Nomex, but it made it soft and comfortable IMHO.

You can't beat it for warmth. Wash and wear my friend it is a great piece of gear!

/r/Gy Dan

deand

Thanks, Dan, I really do love the jacket, amazing how much. And it's also interesting how my opinion of the look of it has changed.

dean

deand

watchmanjimg said:
I just scored a "brand new never worn mint" 2005 Valley CWU-36 for $40 shipped. We'll see . . .

Medium or Large? Large seems to command the highest prices. XL seems cheaper.

dean

HackerF15E

All the current issue jackets are Valley Apparel.

Isratex hasn't been issued for over a decade (in the USAF, at least).

watchmanjimg

deand said:
watchmanjimg said:
I just scored a "brand new never worn mint" 2005 Valley CWU-36 for $40 shipped. We'll see . . .

Medium or Large? Large seems to command the highest prices. XL seems cheaper.

dean

It's a Large. I have a tough time squeezing into a Medium CWU-36. I can get away with the 45 in Medium, at least most of the time.

USMC_GAU-21

The ship laundry uses some heavy duty soap brother! Any fire protection is long gone when you send your flightsuit and jacket down to the laundry. LOL :lol:

After a few washes the flightsuit is pretty thin...as well. The instructions say to launder in mild soap (yea on a ship with 5,000 people) and hang out to dry or tumble dry low (laundry guys don't like "Low", they want to finish laundry and go to chow).

After floating around with Navy guys for 22 years I can tell ya they are hard on your flight gear.

/r/Dan