• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest - A-2 Good Wear Aero 21996 and GW 36 Werber Update

cmk-2

Re: Latest - A-2 Good Wear Aero 21996 and GW 36 Werber Updat

Speaking of War time fit and Hollywood, Look at the A-2's worn by Spencer Tracy and the operations officer in the begining of A Guy Named Joe. The operations office's A-2 is a true Issue A-2 look at the baggy comfortable fit. Spencer's could be an issue A-2 can't remember, have not seen the movie in about 1 month, Baggy. If you are moving around in a cockpit you want some give in your jacket. Now Look at Col. Brandon's orginal A-2 in The 1000 Plane Raid. He is a very fit man and the jacket is more fitted (and looks great on him).

CBI

Yes, fits vary so much, I guess it boils down to whatever one likes. For me, as long as the repro has a period drape and enough details, we are good.........

A

Anonymous

edit

colekwok

I think for some of the late contracts Aero's tended to have roomier sleeves. Provided that the body and sleeves sizes/lengths are correct for a person, the sleeves are usually cut like an 80s' mall jacket, probably in respond to pilots complaining that the sleeve openings are cutting into the armpits in earlier jackets.

FlyingYankee

Aero with red knits is my favorite contract. Seems to fit my bulky frame best.

Roughwear

colekwok said:
I think for some of the late contracts Aero's tended to have roomier sleeves. Provided that the body and sleeves sizes/lengths are correct for a person, the sleeves are usually cut like an 80s' mall jacket, probably in respond to pilots complaining that the sleeve openings are cutting into the armpits in earlier jackets.

Which ones do you mean?

colekwok

Roughwear said:
colekwok said:

Which ones do you mean?

Well, I own several Aero (Scotland) jackets, from the early 38-1711-P, 40-3785-P and tried out the later 42 contracts of similar sizes, I noticed that the sleeves are getting more and more generous in sizes (Even though I know Aero are not the best regarding pattern reproduction). And, if you look at John's ACME 16160 sleeves, they are certainly narrower than the 18775 contract. Maybe I exaggerated a bit that they look like 80s' mall jackets, but the later contracts certainly look a lot more roomy.

CBI

I managed to take a few pics of the jacket on the top of the thread now more "worn" only to delete the photos!!! will try again soon -