• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late-war Dubow

Hawkeye

Heres the 1944 Dubow I picked up for 488.00 last week. The leather is in really solid condition, and its already looking great with the first application of pecards. The linings pretty solid too, with the exception of the usual separation around the neck. It needs about 5 minutes with a needle and thread, theres one inch of separation on one of the shoulder seams, and one side of the leather hanger needs to be resewn. Needs a new zipper as the male side has separated at the bottom, and obviously the knits needs replacing. Im probobly making it out to be worse than it is. Heres a couple pics. I started putting pecards on the one pocket flap before I decided to take a "before" pic. Its too small for me, so once its been treated its going back up on ebay.
irvin003.jpg

irvin001.jpg

shanghai joe

may the ebay goddess smile upon you and may you make a return of your investment a thousand fold............

remember you sold your irvin elastic band for £199.........could be your lucky year!

bazelot

Great one. I have a Dubow size 42 and it's awesome
The Dubow leather seems to hold up pretty well in general.
Is the right shoulder unstitched?

Hawkeye

...and after the first coat of pecards on the front of the jacket. almost any angle I tried to take a pic the light wuld bounce of the pecards, so this is the best i can do for now. And to answer your queston bazelot, yeah, there is a one inch section there where the stitching has come undone

irvin005-1.jpg

irvin006.jpg

irvin004.jpg

TankBuster

I'll give you a tip, since you already have all that Pecards on there, finish it up, and then put a fan on it. It will help to dry the Pecards quicker without having the white residue left behind. The jacket will only absorb what it needs. If you don't get rid of the excess, it will leave that white residue which is a nightmare to get off! I barely ever use Pecards on my jackets, unless they absolutely need it, and then very sparingly at best.

Andrew

Pecards or other conditioners used with discretion do help with easing up the leather to reduce cracking etc, but these days I prefer the look of an aged original. I love the highlights and lowlights of the older leather and once it's been treated it all tends to take on similar tones.

Kind of ironic how the first thing people do to an old jacket is rejuvenate it and artificially age a new one.

Hawkeye

Roughwear said:
Well done Hawkeye. Great find. Are you going to restore it before putting back on Ebay?

No, at this point pecarding is all I'll be doing. I don't yet have the skill to do any sort of real restoration work, so I'll put it up the way it is and let someone who really knows what theyre doing to have a crack at it.

T-Bolt

Hawkeye,

I REALLY love that super curvy pocket flap on your new jacket......Classic Dubow, for sure.....SWEET!! :cool:

Ted

Hawkeye

After a single coat of pecards. It has soaked in and I've wiped off the excess. I think the jackets shined up like a new penny!
irvin009.jpg

irvin010.jpg