• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late Model Nylon USN Deck Jacket

Maverickson

Hi All,

Recently came up with what I consider to be an unusual USN deck jacket. Not unlike many military issue jackets, the previous owner obvious did a little house painting while wearing this jacket & it exhibits a few moth nips. However, overall this jacket is presentable condition and I felt it to be remarkable enough to feature it here in the Nylon section of the Forum.

Judging from the plastic zipper assembly this jacket must date the 70's. Other than being such a late model jacket, what initially attracted me to the jacket was it's style of collar. For some time now or up and until I came up with this particular jacket I had contemplated modifying one of my earlier USN deck jacket's to accept a similar knitted collar.

Those earlier model jackets I've encounter all have a nylon collar with nylon sleeves complete with inset knitted cuffs. On the other hand and in spite of a detachable hood set up, this latest USN deck jacket exhibits an altogether different knit set up which more resembles what is found on an L-2B.

Cheers, Dave

TankBuster

I agree. That is a cool looking jacket. I don't have any info for you, but that would make a fun wearer.