• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last Spring Mark, aka fishmeok of Superior Flight Apparel

jack aranda

posted some pics of an M1941 field jacket. I emailed him with an idea for ‘translating’ the jacket into leather. Over the course of the last several months, Mark and I worked out the pattern and the details for the jacket shown below. It no longer resembles closely an M1941; it has lost its button front, and button-down epaulets. The side belt was moved up to match the half-belt. G-1 map pockets were added on both side of the interior. Mark found some spectacular fabric for the lining, and some cashmere cotton corduroy lining for the pockets (!). The collar shape was altered a bit. And, he was able to obtain some of John C.’s incredible HH. The results are shown below, looking quite a lot like a 30’s half-belt, and fitting like a dream. Thank you, Mark. This jacket is a stunner.

2150631750104585873S200x200Q85.jpg

2096963670104585873S425x425Q85.jpg

2558244430104585873S425x425Q85.jpg

2820695580104585873S425x425Q85.jpg

2945849250104585873S425x425Q85.jpg

2593318680104585873S200x200Q85.jpg

The fine details of the jacket's construction are more fittingly (no pun intended) described by Mark. I told him he was going to have to get used to being compared to Aero. This jacket supports my claim, I think.

dmar836

Re: Last Spring Mark, aka fishmeok of Superior Flight Appare

The rear view of the jacket is great. It really looks like maybe an old "motoring" jacket.
Dave
Kansas City

CBI

Great job Mark!

asiamiles

jack aranda said:
The collar shape was altered a bit. And, he was able to obtain some of John C.’s incredible HH. The results are shown below, looking quite a lot like a 30’s half-belt, and fitting like a dream.

Surely having a jacket designed by yourself and realised to perfection must be the ultimate...of course, sometimes these ideas don't work out but in this case, you must be very happy!

dujardin

again a splendid one Mark

Jack you're now an happy man ;)

really well done, she looks very comfortable

enjoy the wear

byeeeeeeee marcel

Falcon_52

That's a very unique and stylish jacket for sure. Mark's work just keeps getting better and better. Congratulations to you both!

Noel

Andrew

Splendid looking jacket chaps, and Ben that's a look not many can carry but you do it really well.

Peter Graham

Jack, you have a truly unique jacket there and well done Mark for realising it. That horsehide is beautiful.

himelator

Really nice jacket...well made...nice guy...good looking

atkins

Congrats Jack, two thumbs up Mark.

better duck

The endresult looks great, but man, you two must have enjoyed the process! Great enterprise! Doesn't it feel like you'd want to embark on another one? I had that feeling after Robin Mott completed the artwork on an ELC Star I have.

grommet

A great collaborative effort! Also, the weather we're having is perfect for it.

Jaguar46

jack aranda said:

I have seen Jacks jacket "in the hide", (as opposed to in the flesh), and I was envious. One day, I will try to come up with a unique design.

I will picking up my '66 Jaguar E-Type, next month, and need a stylish jacket. The lapels on Jacks horsehide jacket, would fit the Brit Style of the era perfectly. Here's a preview. Apologies if this a hijacking of Jacks jacket thread.

P1010990.jpg

P1010988.jpg

fishmeok

Hey Jag, drop me a line- I can make you a jacket, but you have to drive me around in that thing next time I get out to California...

Cheers
Mark

A

Anonymous

amazing jacket, more amazing car