• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.W. Foster 55J14

bazelot

I just bought this jacket and the leather is just stunning and all the knits are mint. Leather is thick and supple with no wear. I just wish the zipper hadn't been replaced with a late war Talon zipper. I am puzzled by the stencil on the back though. It was buffed over and covered with a black marker I think and is next to impossible to see in normal daylight however when I take a picture of the back of the collar it shows that it used to say RDM. Anybody has any idea what RDM stands for? It looks like it was done in silver or white paint with a stencil and then covered with a black marker, again without te flash it is impossible to detect.

Steve27752

A nice jacket. Sorry, I cannot help with the 'RDM', but I would try and remove the ink.
One way is to go over the ink with a non permenant black marker, then rub the area carefully using a small amount of acetate on a cotton bud.
I would then re-paint the 'RDM' in white or silver.

Marv

Very nice jacket, the RDM looks like it was hand painted on so possibly the original owner's initials ?

robrinay

Probably not linked but interestingly RDM is the IATA code for Roberts Army Airfield - now Redmond just down the road from Redmond, or is this just the sort of spurious info Google throws up?

Fabulous garment. As others have already indicated...those were likely the owners initials. Those were highly steal-able items and I bet more then a few just walked out of a readyroom.