• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Korean war USAF party shirt

bebel

Hi all,
There's a Lt John B. Marks's party shirt when he was assigned at the 91st SRS in Korea and was flying as electronic warfare officer on RB-50.
Franck

91stSRS001_zps204bb2c0.jpg

91stSRS005_zps9a14a5e4.jpg

oose

Hi Franck,
I have one of those! :eek: :D Not sure who mine belonged to. Nice to see you have some history with yours I believed mine was Korean period, and now have the proof.

All the best
Stu

bebel

Hi Stu,

Very interesting. The camera on the pocket of your shirt and the crow on mine seem indicate their owner's speciality in their crew. And your shirt may be previous while mine is from the 3rd detachment.

Any other?

Franck

oose

Hi Franck,

Here is a shot of the men in "action"!

Claarence Becker hosts a promotion party for (new) Col. Ted Seith. Note the squadron emblem on the wall poster and the same emblem on the back of the bright red 91st SRS party shirts worn by many of those present at the event.

All the best
Stu

oose

Some closer shots, sorry the screen on the back of my camera has failed so I can't frame properly.

All the best
Stu

oose

dujardin said:
not my cup of tea, but cool item for your collection

congrats

Sometimes you need a little colour in your wardrobe Marcel! :D

All the best
Stu

oose

Hi all,
Just to add 13th BS had similar party shirts, does anyone know of any other Korean war era squadrons with such shirts.

All the best
Stu