• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kindered Spirits

442RCT

Hi, I'm new here and saw this post in re:cat scratch fever :D . I had a half dozen A-2's hanging on a coat rack and my cat decided to climb up the most expensive A-2 I own, an Eastman, she didn't touch any other of my jackets. I never did anything with the claw marks on the sleeves, I guess I'll have to try some Pecard's. :idea:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
cat_pringles.jpg

442RCT

:lol: Great pic. I had to keep the cat, the family doesn't understand my "obsession" with flight jackets, since I had 40 0r 50 of them (bothe leather and nylon), what was the big deal with the cat clawing one. After I got married, I put my jackets in a storage locker :shock: because the new wife wanted the closet space. I recently pulled them out of storage because a friend of mine told me he was thinking about buying an A-2 and having it painted. :idea: It was like seeing old friends again and it renewed my flight jacket bug again. This was two months ago and I've acquired 2 G-1's and 3 A-2s since then. My latest acquisition is an A-2 Aero jacket painted by Jerome in 2003, "Wynn's Warriors". It's too big for me to wear, but since it's a work of art, I plan on shadowboxing it and hanging it on a wall. I've done that with a couple of my 'prized' jackets. One of my A-2's is a painted Cooper that's been autographed by 32 Fighter Aces, 3 of them awarded the MOH. My other prized jacket is my Flying Tiger themed jacket signed by some of the pilots. Neither of these were authentic reproductions, when I started I just wanted the 'look' of an A-2.
If I figure out how to post pics of my jackets, I will.

Nice meeting you guys, I can tell you guys are gonna be fun to hang with, the pringles kitty was priceless.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:
If I figure out how to post pics of my jackets, I will.

Nice meeting you guys, I can tell you guys are gonna be fun to hang with, the pringles kitty was priceless.

Thanks RCT, and nice to meet you ... we get on well with anyone owning 40, or 50 jackets. :D

Here's how to post pictures ....

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=67