• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kelso A2

Rutger

I picked up my seal-brown BK A2 from the post office tonight.

The jacket is everything I expected from it, with maybe the sleeves just a tad on the short side.
Time will learn how that works out for me, and with my current ELC having rather long sleeves that's what I'm used to. I'll have to wear it a couple of times in daily use first, if it becomes a bother I consider wetting the sleeves and stretching them somehow.
Body (shoulderwise and length wise) it fits very well with only a shirt on, which is what I aimed for, cause I wanted this A2 to be worn unlayered.

The leather is excellent, it is very supple with the grain having a lively appearance, slightly yet noticably different on different panels. It does stand out measured against the previous and current ELC A2's I wore or still wear, that all have a even grain.
I'd call it horsehide from a horse with a capeskin grandfather, it seems less heavy and is less stiff to wear as well.
It will be broken in quicker than ELC A2's.

I'm not the expert on details, so I can't really judge it for authenticity and compare it with an original Roughwear.

I understand that this jacket might be featured on the upcoming website, so excellent pics will be available there.
Also, it's the seal A2 that Platon posed in a week or so ago.
Andy sent me some really excellent pictures before that, but I will not post them until after the website has gone up.
Maybe I'll find the time to post a handful of pictures in the weekend.

Overall a very well made jacket from outstanding leather, entirely worth what I paid for it. Got special spec zipper, tag, lining and snaps on it that added considerably to the price. Still a 100 euro less than ELC.

I'll be wearing it to work tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

the eastman RW is GBP 700 (i.e. 873 euros)
yours is 540 euros i.e. 333 euro cheaper

Rutger

I compared to the Werber I bought a year ago through the agent in Holland.
Yeah ELC upped a 100 pounds or so, so you're probably right.

Roughwear

As Platon has said:

ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif

;)

CHECK6

I'm agree with you Rutger,especially for the sleeve length(maybe are we too tall,1,86M?? :D ) ,not a problem but an inch longer would be great ,wearing mine almost everyday for more than one year now ,i'm thinking of buying a second one in the new dark brown.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED :D :D

Fab

Rutger

Alright, couple of pics. Naturally, when I stepped outside it started raining. 10 minutes later as I write this the sun is shining again.
The last picture is quite accurate in showing the different types of grain, the other pictures are less pronounced because of that darn overcast. Been wearing it yesterday and today, and a pleasure to walk around in, will take it out to get groceries and garden stuff in 15 minutes.

005.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

_MG_0484.jpg

Roughwear

Thanks for posting these extra pics. Your BK RW looks very nice indeed. It seems to be a great fit and like the texture of the leather. Enjoy. :)

Falcon_52

Thanks for taking those photos, Rutger. The leather color and texture looks good and the construction looks first rate.

Noel

Stef

Wah, a BK, nice indeed. Looks like sizing is very good, seems confortable, nice grain on the pocket pic.
time to unsnap the collar to develop the RW touch ? ;)

Congrats !

----------------
Stef

Almagnifico

Is it the new leather ?
And, if "yes" is it really different between the first one (if you have already seen the first of course) :D