• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just arrived recent Goodwear Monarch A2 acquisition

blackrat2

I agree with the others...the jacket is the mutts nuts...keep it and get your order in with John..you can save for a year and get the jacket of your dreams..different colours etc so you can have a choice of what to wear with each car!!

DJS48

Judging by the pictures, the GW Monarch and the original look nearly identical. It's quite astounding to me, atleast.
Cheers,
Don

I agree! I think that Alan's GW Monarch is pitch perfect! Don't sell it, but if you do, let me know first. I've wanted a Monarch that I can actually wear out, although I have gone out once or twice in the original, but way too nerve wracking!

Roughwear said:
Thanks for posting the detailed pics of your original Monarch George. It's a cracker! I'd love one in a size 46 as this contract always fits small.

The Talon zipper on my GW Monarch is blackened only because I painted it.

You're welcome, Andrew! I remember that almost 11 years back that there was a size 48 Monarch that was in comparable condition that sold on eBay. I wonder where that one went. I believe that it was sold by someone in Belgium, but perhaps it would be a little too big on you. It's odd, but all the other Monarchs I've had did indeed run small, except for this size 40 which is trim like a 40 should be, but has the length of a 42. There were definitely some large variances in Monarchs, which is what Charles Disipio was also telling me a few weeks ago. That's why I'm very happy to see that John's rendition for Alan seems to have cloned the one I have. That's super cool!

A

Anonymous

Hey George,
what kind of camera (brand/model) did you use to take the shots of your Monarch?
Thanks!

Persimmon

Well the sun is out so I thought I would do a little Jacket sunbathing - 12 O Clock High

I know. Barking !!
But it is a lovely blue sky

Monarchsunbathing001.jpg

Monarchsunbathing003.jpg

Monarchsunbathing002.jpg

PLATON said:
Hey George,
what kind of camera (brand/model) did you use to take the shots of your Monarch?
Thanks!

Hi Platon!

It's the one that Andrew suggested that I get. I got it for about $350 over a year ago, so maybe the next model is already out or it may be cheaper now. It's the Panasonic Lumix FZ35. I find it does a really nice job for a reasonable price.

George