• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Joseph Buegeleisen Co. of Detroit (Buco) PJ-27

Lignemaginot

I've got an all original Buco police issue PJ-27 (which is, amazingly, almost to big for even me - must be a large 46).

It's in superb condition apart from the fact that it's missing the snap-on (ie detachable) mouton collar.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if/where you can buy a repro fur collar for these things.

Clive

Lignemaginot

I'll email the guy at Lost Worlds, but I had already seen his offering - it appears that his version of the PJ-27 doesn't make allowances for the detachable mouton....

watchmanjimg

He can do it. If you scroll down to the bottom of his PJ-27 page you'll see the custom version set up to accept a fur collar.

watchmanjimg

I see what you mean now. Just scroll all the way down to the last picture on the J27 page and you'll see the jacket equipped with snaps for the fur collar. He's made them in the past.

Lignemaginot

Here it is - I just "Peckarded" it this afternoon, so please excuse the sheen.

Notice the holes on the large pocket for the officer's badge (the large pocket itself being for his ticket pad...).

The "loops" on the interior would be to hold up the leather trousers (which I don't have).

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

Vcruiser

Very nice!
Problem that I always ran into attempting to collect vintage Bucos...or other vintage MC jackets,for that matter...was finding one with the sleeves long enough. The last one I recieved(several yrs ago) finally had perfect sleeve length...but the damn waist ended well above my belt. I gave up.....
Van

watchmanjimg

Lignemaginot said:
The "loops" on the interior would be to hold up the leather trousers (which I don't have).

Wow! I've never seen the trousers. I was under the impression that the loops attached to the duty belt to keep out the wind while riding.

Lignemaginot

You could well be right about that - I think that was one of those thigns I repeated to myself so often that it became a fact.

In any case, it's immaterial now - just sold it on ebay.

Damn Yamaha 250 outboards that I'm buying for my boat better work after having sold my jackets to finance them....