• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Turturro's jacket in Transformers 2

indigo_junkie

First we've got Terminator Salvation with John Connor wearing a modified B3 and now we've got John Turturro's Agent Simmons wearing a G1 or M422 (I have no idea). I know that flight jackets have featured heavily in the current crop of war movies; Pearl Harbour, the upcoming Redtails. But they seem to be popping up in general action movies as well. I guess you can't beat the originals for costume inspirations. Anyway, I thought it was a G1 after I saw the back of it, but the collar fleece is the wrong colour (or is it?). I throw it open to the experts. Some stills.

transformers2johnturturro01.jpg

transformers2johnturturro02.jpg

transformers2johnturturro03.jpg

transformers2johnturturro04.jpg

watchmanjimg

I noticed this one when I saw the film last week. I was trying to get a good look at it, and my feeling is that it's a low-grade repro. In particular the zipper looked all wrong to me. Maybe a step up from a mall jacket, but I don't think it's original or an especially good repro.

bfrench

Administrator
watchmanjimg said:
I noticed this one when I saw the film last week. I was trying to get a good look at it, and my feeling is that it's a low-grade repro. In particular the zipper looked all wrong to me. Maybe a step up from a mall jacket, but I don't think it's original or an especially good repro.

Hi, Guys,

Looking at the batwing and the length of the cuffs - I'd guess its an US Authentic.

Bill French

bseal

Unfortunately I watched the film, and for a 2 1/2 hour picture it was about two hours too long, but I digress...

Tuturro's character swipes the jacket off a mannequin in an Air & Space Museum. The navy jacket he wears is a cheap repro with an even cheaper Flying Tigers patch as seen on the current model Avirex, which is my guess as to it's manufacturer.

indigo_junkie

Megan Fox was the reason I wanted to see the film. The robots, a distant second. I didn't think the jacket looked right because of the colour of the collar fleece. You'd think the producers (especially since Spielberg is one of them), would have taken a couple of hundred dollars out of the CGI budget and gotten Turturro a decent repro (which would have made sense since he swiped it from the Air and Space Museum and not off the rack at Walmart). How much is Redtails being made for?

asiamiles

indigo_junkie said:
Megan Fox was the reason I wanted to see the film. The robots, a distant second. I didn't think the jacket looked right because of the colour of the collar fleece.

Collar looks very similar to that on Cruise's jacket in TOP GUN which I understand was an Avirex.

watchmanjimg

asiamiles said:
Collar looks very similar to that on Cruise's jacket in TOP GUN which I understand was an Avirex.

And strangely reminiscent of a Dennis Rodman hairstyle. :lol:

Rodman.jpg

Chandler

bseal said:
...with an even cheaper Flying Tigers patch

23rd Fighter Group, actually.

Isn't Turturro over 6 feet tall? Has to be a large-sized jacket.

Chandler