• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jerome Urbaniak

a2jacketpatches

Any chance of you posting the references for the proposed artwork? I'd like to see what you had in mind and sort of figure it out before seeing the unfinished artwork. If you say a few weeks until it arrives, maybe it hasn't left yet and can be shipped directly to the new artist.

ausreenactor

ausreenactor said:
Great to hear. Thanks very much for the assist! :D Jacket should be here in a few weeks.

Regards,

Couchy

Two weeks down and nothing seen. The BK House A-2 bought via the buy/sell and Fedora Lounge shipped on 07 October appears to have arrived according to Tianna. Parcel awaiting collection with '78' as the last two tracking digits. Unless it is a miracle the ELC Air Comfort AND the BK travelled with the same numbers I am not holding out much hope this time. Will confirm tonight. Perhaps given a bum drum, yet again.

ausreenactor

The item that arrived (with the same last tracking number digits as the BK A-2 from the US???) was a kit posted on 24 Oct. So will see if a week or two brings more positive results. Spending $500 on flights to Wisconsin from Las Vegas is NOT an option. Off to the Mess for my tax payer funded a-la-carte lunch. Who said there is no such thing as a free meal? :D

Couchy

Peter Graham

Couchy, I'm sad to hear that this hasn't been resolved yet. Maybe time to get a lawyer involved ? A headed letter works wonders sometimes.

bseal

Um, so where's the jacket now? And how about that proposed artwork? Let's see what you had in mind...

ausreenactor

bseal said:
Um, so where's the jacket now? And how about that proposed artwork? Let's see what you had in mind...

Apparently the jacket was shipped late October. Not that Jerome has updated me in any way, shape or form. This was from helpful forum members (thanks again)...

I received a USPS First Class parcel shipped 31 October today, a vintage kit off eBay. I am awaiting a Bill Kelso House A-2 shipped 07 November as well. The jacket SHOULD arrive between now and the BK A-2. IF IT WAS SENT. I am going to deride the man's reputation on every forum and social media avenue I can find. I will pay my kids to phone him in the middle of the night when they get up for school. I am sure that will appease me in some fashion for a time. Then I will go the legal route for the cost of a replacement item. The thing that pissed me off was adding $100 of additional funds to the mix. I know it may have impacted his family if he was not able to pay for the hefty Airmail postage cost. Least I could do after nearly six years.. :twisted:

Couchy

ausreenactor

Hit Las Vegas on 18th of next month from memory.. Only thing on my agenda is Toby Keith's Bar & Grill. He visited me in Kandahar, so I will return the favor (in a fashion). Will surely be online as the day approaches...

ausreenactor

The front of the jacket had a cursive script on the left panel 'Couchy' with the our AAAvn badge on a dark blue/light blue circle. In a similar fashion to the 5" round patches from WWII. It is my understanding this was completed years ago.

The intent for the back was initially a bikini clad pin up on the left side of a full colour version of our CH-47 patch from my 2008 trip. The pin up bikini was to be in the desert pattern disruptive uniform (Desert Auscam) pattern. Then it morphed into something a little more traditional, and then it sat for years. I am not sure what level of progress the back reached. Jerome stated he had completed some outlines. Jerome indicated in March that he could remove the outlines easily. I advised I was just keen to get it back. Contacted Jerome again after I got back. Email contact only. No jacket sighted as yet. I am not sure if Jerome has delayed again in order to get it done. I am out of the house from 04 December. I will have a mail redirect/hold in effect but anything left at a door step in the Western suburbs of Sydney (at the new address) would not last five minutes. Hence my frustration with lack of a firm shipping date or tracking number.

It is a first world problem and I am more concerned with driving across the country from top to bottom three times, flying to the States, marching in to a new unit, conducting handover/takeover and then my last promotion course for Warrant Officer. All between December and March. And then Tianna's Uni admin on top of that. THAT jacket is the least of my worries. The BK Werber will put a smile on my face for sure...

Thanks for the interest!!

Couchy

a2jacketpatches

That would be great if he's finishing up, but I'm thinking you deserve a heads up considering this busy schedule ahead of you. If you'd like, have him to send it here for $12.00 and you can pick it up in December. He assured me it was on the way as of the end of October, so I'm thinking it's still in the U.S.

After I gave him a little ration of **** a few weeks ago, he called me almost immediately but I didn't realize it because my phone was in the car with my wife at work. We did go back and forth all day via email, him telling me "with my skills, I could do the **** you do if I wanted to" calling my work "make believe" and "inaccurate"

It was kind of funny after a while when we both agreed how temperamental artists can be. He asked that I give a call later that evening, but I lost interest because he basically insulted my skills and operation when all I was saying is get the job done or let someone else do it. I did say that artists were a dime a dozen, my reason for not painting anymore, but have always maintained that Jerome does high quality work. Fact is, there are quite a few artists out there with comparable skills.

Bottom line is.........6 years? Time is up and please settle this. Regardless of anyone's current skill level, it would take at the very least 6 years to streamline and manage what I'm doing now guaranteed. In 6 years, anyone with a true desire to learn, could paint as good as the next guy. A few other things could be accomplished in 6 years as well. You could be a Lawyer, or a Doctor, a Fighter Pilot, maybe even an astronaut. So in 6 years, I would think a little communication isn't too much to ask.

So really, just tell him to knock it off and send to Sean, I'll drive it right to your hotel.

ausreenactor

Still nothing seen. And the home phone goes to an inactive Voicemail service now. Is ANYBODY here close to Milwaukee? I think the 'shipped' status on the jacket was a load of bullshit. I leave here on Wednesday. I have a mail hold/mail redirection in effect; however, I am moving Jerome into 'deadbeat' status in my eyes now. I hope the guy chokes on the fumes if he is painting it. I will effect my next course of action offline. I hope the surprise of something in the mail causes him to rethink his course of action to date. 100% pissed. Happy to spend twice the replacement value just to fuck him around now. :twisted: Legal GO!!

a2jacketpatches

Told him to send it here but he said he's been talking with you for two days, and he also sent a picture of the shipping receipt and jacket. I'm just trying to help out a bit but a little confused now.

ausreenactor

I had emailed a Private Investigator in Milwaukee to make a cold call to collect it and had emailed Jerome to advise that I would be escalating the matter via legal means. Jerome sent me an email around 14 hours ago. I shot off a couple of replies. Five emails in total. The two days thing is new to me. He still has the jacket and intends shipping it today on the way to work. Jerome had offered to include an additional item to make up for the matter. I politetly refused it as the shipping would have been heavier and the item he offered was gifted to him. I have asked for a lodgement/customs declaration number for the item. I assume that will follow when he gets home. Here's hoping..

New shit - Just checked the email. There is a receipt there. :D Assumption is I am all good now. Insured it for $1000 so will get hit with duties?? :roll: At least that is cheaper than a legal battle. Assumption is the 'two days' is this morning and last night.

Thanks for your help with this!! Your input and pressure could have been part of the culmination. High chance this ELC Air Comfort will be heading your way soon..

Closure.... feels awesome...

Couchy

Dr H

Daft question, but is Jerome referring to the same jacket?
Belay that last comment...crossed with the last post.

Andrew

This is getting exciting. Couchy I hope it's still as good as you remember it being.

So was there any actual reason given in the end? Seems strange you were singled out for crap service.

ausreenactor

Gents..

Happy to report that the ELC Air Comfort and I have been reunited. Jerome shipped the jacket to my parents address in Victoria while we trekked across Australia and the South West of the USA. We returned for Christmas to my in-laws and had a couple of days there. Moved to Melbourne around 48 hours ago and have been flat out ever since. The jacket is in great shape and the art... well the detail and final result makes it ALMOST worth the wait. I will get some detailed pics up soon. Still flat out sorting our return leg to Townsville to pack the house and then the move to Sydney. Thanks go to a lot of you out there for your support. And a special shout out to Sean in Las Vegas for his efforts that possibly acted as the catalyst required. I would happily enlist Jerome again if his art was his full time pursuit. Sadly, his efforts are directed elsewhere.

A Happy New Year to all.. (and Happy Birthday to those I missed along with a belated Merry Christmas). I want to move to the USA by the way... Have my car, guns, jackets sorted. Just to ditch the wife and kids.. :twisted: Just joking.... but seriously...LOVED San Diego!! :p

Couchy

watchmanjimg

So glad this finally worked out. I was very disappointed to hear of this situation, having previously bought two used jackets from Jerome at a great price with absolutely no issues.

Dr H

Excellent news Couchy.
Hope you're finally able to put some wear on it now.
Cheers
Ian