• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket Zipper

chamboid

Question to canvas some opinion on here.

If you were buying a jacket, not truly a vintage jacket afcianado but want a nice jacket,
would you be put off by a 1930's cage zipper construction as opposed to the more recognisable 40's talon stopper?

robrinay

At first they can be a bit fiddly to fasten if my Hookless repro is anything to go by, but with practice no problem.

bretron

I may be in the minority here, but I prefer the early hookless style. Cool grommet/rivet detail with less concern for tape separation. I've heard about the cage breaking, but haven't experienced it first hand so I'm still "hooked" on em (sorry for the bad pun).

Whatcha eyeing now, Cham?

chamboid

Not eyeing, but for a project. Wanted some feed back.

I've got a couple of original 1930's ones, and they seem to have stood the test of time.

Silver Surfer

i happen to like the early style zipper, and the repros that i have, and have had, all worked as well as any other repro zipper. however, have ya thought of a button front as a possibility?

handymike

My favorite zipper of all time is the late 30's Talon with Deco stop-box. I paid extra to put it on my new jacket! No one will ever know but me, but it's my dream and the details count!