• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket comes and jacket goes, my original Star 28557 is here

zhz44

This is my first original jacket. The jacket is the one sold by our member jschare, he bought this from JC and too small for him. Thank god, JC measured it wrong. I can confirm it is a size 36 since I am wearing a BK size 36 Werber. This jacket fits me perfect I think. The condition of this jacket is very good, it is possible to wear it daily.

Since this is my first original, I have a very important question, how do you guy store your original jacket and do you use any leather condition to them?

My fit pic

jschare

Re: Jacket comes and jacket goes, my original Star 28557 is

I zip them up and then fold them in half, horizontally, and then I fold the arms across the front and lay them flat on a shelf in my closet. I also put the collar up so there isn't too much stress on the fold. That leather was already treated prior to me so you should be good to go for a while.

zhz44

jschare said:
I zip them up and then fold them in half, horizontally, and then I fold the arms across the front and lay them flat on a shelf in my closet. I also put the collar up so there isn't too much stress on the fold. That leather was already treated prior to me so you should be good to go for a while.

Ha, great to know that. Thanks for the storage tip, I will give it a try.

littlebuddy

zhz44 said:
This is my first original jacket. The jacket is the one sold by our member jschare, he bought this from JC and too small for him. Thank god, JC measured it wrong. I can confirm it is a size 36 since I am wearing a BK size 36 Werber. This jacket fits me perfect I think. The condition of this jacket is very good, it is possible to wear it daily.

Since this is my first original, I have a very important question, how do you guy store your original jacket and do you use any leather condition to them?

My fit pic

Congrats on your jacket , and that was a good question to ask regarding the storage of these .I have left mine on my mannequin torso , is that ok to do as well ???

Carl

Peter Graham

littlebuddy said:
I have left mine on my mannequin torso , is that ok to do as well ???

Carl
Carl, that's about the best way as long as the mannequin is not straining any of the stitching.

dmar836

... or standing in your home's entry way!

WBOONE

Great looking jacket! Oh to be a size 36/38/40.....oh well

chamboid

That's a hell of a jacket, I almost bought it before john did the work to it, but the measurements were off, but now, it's clear this would have fit. Wear it well, with respect.

zhz44

chamboid said:
That's a hell of a jacket, I almost bought it before john did the work to it, but the measurements were off, but now, it's clear this would have fit. Wear it well, with respect.

Yes, it definitely will fit you. Lucky John's measurements was off at the first place.

I noticed the leather on this jacket is cracked inside the collar, and the sleeves as well, I am wondering is it possible to fix it with some mink oil?

jschare

The leather was treated already and John assured me when I purchased it from him the the leather was stable and would not degrade. However, as I said, store the jacket with the collar up to decrease wear and tear on the fold.

zhz44

Yes, I can see the leather has been treated. And I stored it in the way you advised. But I still feel unsafe with those cracks.

chamboid

Nothing yo can do about it. So just look after it, wear sparingly and enjoy owning an original.

Do invest in some Pecards Anqique Leather Dressing though. It is the best stuff.

zhz44

chamboid said:
Nothing yo can do about it. So just look after it, wear sparingly and enjoy owning an original.

Do invest in some Pecards Anqique Leather Dressing though. It is the best stuff.

Thanks Ben, I don't think I will wear this one that much. For Pecards Anqique Leather Dressing, I've heard a lot about it, is this the correct place to buy it? http://www.antiqueleatherdressing.co.uk ... shop.shtml

chamboid

Yes where I got mine from. I got a big tub that's lasted me a fair few years.