• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this what I think it is?

Dr H

Aren’t those pocket flaps a little scalloped for a SAT, or is it just the perspective?
Can anyone see whether those buttonholes are stitched or inset?
Zip replaced?

Last edited:

B-Man2

AEB46751-3000-4792-8C98-D77D1CC37432.jpeg
Here’s a photo from JCs website of a SAT pocket . Looks similar but not quite as scalloped. Maybe just a design interpetation difference of the original SAT jacket pocket.

Skyhawk

Yes the buttonholes are Machined not inset. Otherwise I probably would have hit the BIN already. The zipper is not a 1930's talon. Looks like it's not replaced but not 100% sure. I don't think this is GI. Probably a private purchase made in the early style. There are no collar snaps. Knits are probably replaced.

IMO - Not SAT or Goldsmith. Possibly a doctored Werber? I'm leaning toward private purchase.

Dr H

OK, I'm looking at this on a sensibly sized computer screen now.
There's no label of course and the jacket has been made or relined with Rayon rather than cotton (the stitching looks rough at the neck and the collar stand is not visible).
Those pocket flaps look too sculpted to be SAT to my eye.
The buttonholes are sewn keyholes (not inset leather like the SAT).
I can't see any top stitching to the waist knit, but presumably it might have been replaced when the jacket was relined?
The collar profile is also pretty curved - more like a Dubow profile than a SAT, but is it possible that it might be an early Werber?

Ken at Aero Leather

Yes the buttonholes are Machined not inset. Otherwise I probably would have hit the BIN already. The zipper is not a 1930's talon. Looks like it's not replaced but not 100% sure. I don't think this is GI. Probably a private purchase made in the early style. There are no collar snaps. Knits are probably replaced.

IMO - Not SAT or Goldsmith. Possibly a doctored Werber? I'm leaning toward private purchase.

Jay

Go hit the BIN, this lot looks to me to be a really cheap price

Ken at Aero Leather

No this grouping is not for me.

Go for it Ken it could be the lost Werber 6225!

Too many later details to be that early and our Archive area is bursting at the seams already. we need to get on with the day job!
Aero Showroom.jpg

A small cross-section!

Attachments

• Aero Archives.jpg
    Aero Archives.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 207