• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is ELC's Havana Brown the new Russet??

shanghai joe

JACKET_ HEAD said:
I can't quite see Gary Eastman changing his strategies and products in response to a one man band :lol: . He has a much bigger and more lucrative market than 20 or so jacket nuts on a forum :) . As good as GW jackets are purported to be and as flavour of the month as they seem to some of you, they are not all things to all people. I have now bought two GW jackets and turned them both around sharpish as they weren't to my liking. Luckily as they were second hand I didn't lose money. It also shows that not every GW is a 'keeper' as others must think as I do. I wish John every success and I really admire him for what he is doing but I will not say black is white because a few other people see it that way. I like BMW's, others like Mercedes. I won't say that anyone who doesn't have a BMW is an ignorant idiot. I don't buy that kind of dogma.
Now bring on the storm and see who creeps out from under tha rug :twisted:
J_H

remember the classical scene in SPARTACUS.......for those of us who have been around that looooooooooooong

I am spartacus..........I am spartacus........I am spartacus

shanghai joe

Contrary to what others may think I have actually introduced someone who has actually purchased a GW........that's his choice, that's his decision!

Voltaire: I may not agree with what you say but I shall defend your right to say

A

Anonymous

Absolutely Airfrog !!!
The point might be that because the early 'experimental' jackets are not as good as one might've hoped for and because all you GW lovers are keeping your latest perfect jackets, that there will be a number of jackets floating around out there that will not be doing JC any favours. When the various prototypes came out a number of people touted these very jacket that I am now being told should not be used to judge John's work, as the only jackets to have and were raving orgiastically about them. (Yes - orgiastically! :lol: )
I have observed, though, over the various incarnations of the VLJ websites, that there is a cadre of folk who have at various times touted this or that jacket type/maker/colour as THE one to have. The pinacle of the repro market. The ultimate keeper. Then it all changes. Personally I think that there were enough variations in even one contract due to the human element that pretty much all top end repro makers are not far off the mark. There's also a lot of people who are definately NOT shaped like mid 20's lean mean fighting men who insist in cramming themselves into a jacket three sizes too small for them in the intrersts of authenticity. Trying to fit a quart into a pint pot you might say ;) And then asking "does my bum look big in this?" "Do I look like a real flyboy?" ;) Some people need to get out more LOL :lol: :lol:
This hobby is all things to all people and we should allow it to remain so , lighten up and not follow any dogma.
I have sewn the wind and shall relish reaping the whirlwind !!! Heretic that I am :cool:
J_H

airfrogusmc

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Absolutely Airfrog !!!
The point might be that because the early 'experimental' jackets are not as good as one might've hoped for and because all you GW lovers are keeping your latest perfect jackets, that there will be a number of jackets floating around out there that will not be doing JC any favours. When the various prototypes came out a number of people touted these very jacket that I am now being told should not be used to judge John's work, as the only jackets to have and were raving orgiastically about them. (Yes - orgiastically! :lol: )
I have observed, though, over the various incarnations of the VLJ websites, that there is a cadre of folk who have at various times touted this or that jacket type/maker/colour as THE one to have. The pinacle of the repro market. The ultimate keeper. Then it all changes. Personally I think that there were enough variations in even one contract due to the human element that pretty much all top end repro makers are not far off the mark. There's also a lot of people who are definately NOT shaped like mid 20's lean mean fighting men who insist in cramming themselves into a jacket three sizes too small for them in the intrersts of authenticity. Trying to fit a quart into a pint pot you might say ;) And then asking "does my bum look big in this?" "Do I look like a real flyboy?" ;) Some people need to get out more LOL :lol: :lol:
This hobby is all things to all people and we should allow it to remain so , lighten up and not follow any dogma.
I have sewn the wind and shall relish reaping the whirlwind !!! Heretic that I am :cool:
J_H

JH its all good. Every (major) company has a jacket that I really like. To have new players come in to the field doing a great job it will make them all stay on their game and its nice to have choices isn't it?

shanghai joe

hang on..................these imperfect GW prototypes should be the ones to hold on as investments...........think of the first franck muller.........the first rolex daytona......these were the first handbuilt thru blistered fingers.......thru passion toil sweat and tears.....he while his companions slept was toiling thru the nite........

Surely, the TRUE collectors get my drift????

not perfect but highly collectibles and can only appreciate in value.........esp with cutter's tag numero uno.......

shanghai joe

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Absolutely Airfrog !!!
J_H

can I be candid.........if I were into repros I'll be brutally honest: I'll pout in the mirror, pucker my lips and whisper...........am I the ultimate repro queen????

queenie

hacker

Vcruiser said:
hacker said:
How the HELL did we go from Havana's to jackets?.... :twisted:

SaccoSmoke

I'm glad I'm rum soaked. Somethin crooked going on.....

Someone buy that man a stogie........a nice deep russet....with a hint of espresso.......

Robusto

airfrogusmc

shanghai joe said:
hang on..................these imperfect GW prototypes should be the ones to hold on as investments...........think of the first franck muller.........the first rolex daytona......these were the first handbuilt thru blistered fingers.......thru passion toil sweat and tears.....he while his companions slept was toiling thru the nite........

not perfect but highly collectibles and can only appreciate in value.........esp with cutter's tag numero uno.......
:lol: :lol: Maybe sump'm to that...

shanghai joe

airfrogusmc said:
shanghai joe said:

:lol: :lol: Maybe sump'm to that...

Ok change me mind.............any one with the GW protos contact this gezeer pronto! :lol:

shanghai joe

hacker said:
How the HELL did we go from Havana's to jackets?.... :twisted:

SaccoSmoke

a........to.......b.............to....c

havana .....to jkts.........to GW...........to repro queenie to...........

but I digress said the grasshopper: the point being the shortest distance between two points is a straight line :shock: