Irvin B. Foster G-1 7823B

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by oose, Mar 10, 2018.

1. oose

oose Active Member

The I B Foster 7823B has arrived and its hardly used, name plate and two patches have been removed but this does not detract from this almost perfect condition G-1, it only needed one darn to one of the sleeve knits. It fits perfect and I hope to put it to much use this spring. The jacket has wonderful goatskin with a very pleasing grain. Note the zipper is sewn short at the bottom, this is common for this contract. (...and not popular with some but I quite like the quirks in different contracts!) Mouton is thick and honey coloured.

g1b a.jpg G1b b.jpg G1b c.jpg

Kennyz, falcon_ib, blackrat2 and 3 others like this.
  2. s4rmark

s4rmark Active Member

Lovely jacket , G-1’s seem to be very popular at the moment!

oose likes this.
  3. Brent

Brent Active Member

Nice looking 7823B. I never could find one when I started collecting a few years back. I believe they are the rarest of the G-1s. How is the fit? My "A" and "C" are slim cut compared to the Cagleco 7823.

Regards,

4. oose

oose Active Member

Fit is similar to the one JC is sporting here. It has square shoulders which suits my frame and is quite slim, I think I would get a size 42 if I wanted a thick sweatshirt under. I still think a good 7823A is harder to find.
    front_view2.jpg

5. Brent

Brent Active Member

Unfortunately, after Top Gun Deaux is released there be an increase in popularity of G-1 "type" jackets. Oh boy I just can't wait.

Regards,

6. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Always liked the G1, I've got 2 Cagleco 7823's - contract no's 39321A and 48082A both 44" the former slightly better of the two but very comfortable fitting jackets. I gather both are from around 1956-7. Have been toying with ideas of selling the 48082 as I simply don't wear both but hard to part with I must admit. Yea, maybe wait 'till TG2 is a good idea!

7. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

Blimey that’s hardly been worn! Judging by all the creases (which will drop out), and the condition of the collar, it looks like it’s been in storage a long time.

oose likes this.
  8. Skip

Skip Well-Known Member

Looks a beauty Oose

oose likes this.
  9. oose

oose Active Member

Here is the IB Foster next to the Cagleco for comparison.
    comp.jpg

blackrat2, Brent and s4rmark like this.