• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting theatre made CBI jacket

Peter Graham

Here's what I think is a beautiful jacket. It's for sale at Bay State Militaria and described as a theatre made jacket. I don't know if this is true, but I love the design. Apologies for the quality of the photos but that's how they are on the site. Here's a link to the site. There's some interesting groupings for sale. http://www.baystatemilitaria.com/index.htmView media item 263View media item 264View media item 265View media item 266View media item 262View media item 267View media item 268

blackrat2

Very flamboyant sleeve ends!
A cross between several different style jackets from what I can see on my phone
Baystate have some nice jackets through

dujardin

no idea what it is exactly - a kind of combo
no idea if the jacket is legit ww2

but nice one

unclegrumpy

I had a somewhat similar jacket once that was made in India. It came from directly from a fellow that flew the Hump who had some other interesting things...calf high flight boots that looked British, but again were not...they had little mini layered leather CBI patches sewn on up towards the outer tops...an Indian made khaki bush jacket...again looked British, but it was not. Plus he had some some neat layered leather patches...flags, a blood chit of sorts, and some others.

The jacket was about all I got, but it was interesting to talk with him...he said it all came from markets outside of the places they flew in and out of where you could just buy or they would tailor make things for you....for very cheap prices. Peter did not post a picture of the lining, but the fleece maybe gives a clue of the "why"...it would be warmer.

Like so many things, it is too bad the rest of the story is lost. This jacket could have been from somewhere in China or possibly Australia as well...but the patches are Indian made, and it looks to be goat...which is another clue that often leads to India...which would be my first guess.