• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inexpensive Levi Leather Jacket

Atticus

I've been looking for an inexpensive civilian leather jacket to keep in my jeep...and ran across this on ebay. OK, it isn't an Aero Highwayman, but I got it for about ten percent the cost of an Aero Highwayman. And I'm sure it was made in China or Pakistan or Bummphuck...and its probably made out of manure tanned yak hide...but it still looks kinda cool, don't ya think?

232323232%7Ffp54355%3Enu%3D3277%3E%3A6%3A%3E246%3EWSNRCG%3D38%3C552%3A6%3A432%3Cnu0mrj

AF

Atticus

bseal said:
Would you mind posting an image of the back of the jacket?
Well...I would if I could. Photobucket has changed their softwear (yet again) and now I can no longer log into my account. I've written their help desk, but I might as well have written my cat for all the help Photobucket has been. So I opened a snapfish account. Here is a snapfish address to a photo of the back of the jacket, but I can't figure out how to create an image out of it. I tried wrapping this URL in "img" thingies, but to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/slide ... =snapfish/

232323232%7Ffp54366%3Enu%3D3277%3E%3A6%3A%3E246%3EWSNRCG%3D38%3C572935%3A32%3Cnu0mrj

AF

POST EDIT: Ok. I figured out a chicken shit way of posting the image. I right clicked on the snapfish image and went to properties. From that I grabbed the URL and then wrapped it in img tags. Talk about going around your butt hole to get to your elbow!

AF

Atticus

Mikey...I wish that it was an Aero made jacket, but I'm pretty sure its made in China. I do like that its a Levis jacket...and I'm hopeing that Levis wouldn't have sold something that was total crap...but I'm not holding my breath, either. Actually, the jacket only has to be good enough to spend most of its life in the back of Jeep. I often drive at night and driving a Jeep without the top and doors is much like riding a motorcycle. Even if its warm in the daytime, it can get "airish" at night...especially in the spring and fall.

AF

derleicaman

grommet said:
I like it too. Where is Bummphuck?

Not quite as far as Kishnev. Not to be confused with Bumblephuk, which I think is somewhere in the South (USA) :D. When I look at that spelling, it could be somewhere in SE Asia!

Nice looking jacket, BTW

unclegrumpy

I like it too!

However, IMO the Chinese "time worn" treatment is a bit heavy handed. This jacket cries out for one of JC's or CBI's depot re dyes. If a second finish was applied that would naturally wear away, this would really start to look like an Aero or maybe even an old original.

Atticus

derleicaman said:
Not to be confused with Bumblephuk, which I think is somewhere in the South (USA) :D.
Yep. The city of Bumblephuk is here in North Carolina. Its actually two counties over from where I live. It was named for a family of Bumblephuks that settled there back in colonial times. I think Isaac Bumblephuk, the family patriarch, is buried in the Episcopal cemetery over there.

And after all these years, there’s still a huge Bumblephuk presence in our area. To this day you can find Bumblephuks behind the counters of almost every automotive parts store and McDonalds in eastern North Carolina. And more than a few Bumblephuks have been voted to positions in our local government. They must enjoy this kind of work because once they’re elected, they seem willing to serve for life. Truthfully, I think government service must run in the Bumblephuk bloodline...

AF

bfrench

Administrator
Atticus said:
SNIP...and its probably made out of manure tanned yak hide...but it still looks kinda cool, don't ya think?

AF

And yet another reason as a retiree not to take on another job of leather softener - I really thought something tasted wrong and that's when I quit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: