• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In praise of the Pikes

Tim P

did anyone else catch Pike brothers at duxford? I have to say that their issue blue denim was as good as any I have seen and is ideal with cinch back and so forth for vintage denim efficianados. Cheaper than the competition, maybe the far east stuff comes out cheaper??
Their selvedge jeans in a pleasing flecked greyish denim that looks tough as old boots are another good looking set. in both jeans and dungarees I cant help thinking that its Jap quality without Jap premium.
I chatted long with Fabian the proprietor about his stock range (HBT Camo is good too by the way) and the topic of his B10 came up. He stated that, in the same rationale of Jerry's lighter B3's, his jackets are concieved to be more wearable in a wider range of temperatures. Now I have to say that the lining is the only let down on these, the rest being a cost effective way to have a B10. their lining is the correct colour and has a good look to it, it is just notably shorter.
people have been critical of this and I for one, having examined the garment and listened to his rationale, have to conceed that this is a gap filled. Authentic look, reasonable price and wearable. I have an ELC B10 but would consider one of these for general wear or even ground based LH displays.
Watch this space for blue cord Navy deck zip and hook jackets with and without US NAVY on the back and with a much less noisy interlining than the Buzz rickson version.

They do some good stuff and I think people are wrong to have been so dismissive of their wares.

havocpaul

I caught them there and posted about it here the other week but got little feedback...they are going to be making substantial updates to the B-10 with right-sided Talon zips. I too was impressed with the denim and bought a USMC cammo jacket at the very cheap price of £17.00! I think as a new business based in Europe I think they deserve support and feedback as their plans are ambitious and to be congratulated.

ASCooke

The Pike Brothers are after the ELC Crown Zipper by all accounts & sounds as though they are going to sort something out...so a Pike Brothers jacket could be one to watch out for?

Hawkeye

Its good to see some positive talk about Pike Brothers. We should encourage any new company. I'm looking forward to seeing their B-15.

Tim P

I dont see them breaking into the leather market but their plans are at once ambitious and yet realistic. all their inventory is likely to be of interest to users of this forum to varying degrees.