• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In praise of DD

Tim P

Got myself a crusher from Diamond Dave today and it is a first rate piece of work.
Now What price Glory do a reasonably priced crusher as do many firms and they are fine. Dave's caps cost more but I am happy with what I now have to have paid the extra. the scoop on the bill, the drape of the material and the neat solid construction make for a cap that looks the part 100% and will not give up the ghost at a 40's event like an original might. I would prefer to see a celluloid liner. my personal opinion is that the one inside is too modern looking but that is just me. I will be removing it anyhow for a silkier feel on my baldy swede.
I have heard comments that they are too pricey and for some on here (for whom, after all the focus is Jackets not headgear) they may well be but If I dare draw a goodwear/cooper comparison, even with the 'lancaster' branded caps and their plastic baskets then I am sure that you will see what I mean

I am also now in a position to endorse his T shirts as they look just right.
Regards
Tim.

Thanks for your effort Dave.

RudyN

All I can say is that I aggre with you on the quality of the cap and even though they are pricey, I believe they are worth it. Of course I had to order a Goodwear A2 to go with it.

rob75IT

BEAUTIFUL CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave a really craftsman!!!!!!!!
Could you put some pics of your cap?

Tim P

Now, I have something to add. I asked Dave for my regular size which fluctuates according to the type of hat between 7.125 and 7.25. After a long phone conversation about hats and other stuff I took Dave's advice and went smaller. The hat only just fitted, on the small side actually but within acceptable limits. Warm water to shape the crown and the band and stretch the cotton webbing and frequent short wears as it dried has left the cap an absolutely idyllic fit. the band has shaped perfectly to my head and the crown sits like, well like 50 missions ;) .
Dave knows his business. Having seen one a friend has I had resolved to wet it anyhow to get some shape into it so this was a planned event.
You will not be able to do this with the plastic cradles substited by cheaper manufacturers.
I must add a buckled rear chinstrap to mine however as I like them even though they were optional.

Tim