• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idle members..

ausreenactor

Of the 1285 registered members of the forum, 686 have never posted? Lots of knowledge inside the noggins of these members.. Come on guys bust the cherry!

Couchy

pipvh

This probably includes me, so I promise I'll post more when I'm not working 24/7 and as poor as a church mouse...

When my ship comes in (HA!) I'll be looking for an A2, a redskin B-6, a 30s style biker jacket, a...

atkins

pipvh said:
This probably includes me, so I promise I'll post more when I'm not working 24/7 and as poor as a church mouse...

When my ship comes in (HA!) I'll be looking for an A2, a redskin B-6, a 30s style biker jacket, a...

Amen to that Pipvh! My first A-2 was a result of years of saving.

Roughwear

ausreenactor said:
Of the 1285 registered members of the forum, 686 have never posted? Lots of knowledge inside the noggins of these members.. Come on guys bust the cherry!

Couchy

You do wonder why they joined in the first place. :?

wheat1479

I was a member on the old site.I had to get an ISP before joining here.Once in a while I see comments from the old members,but even they arent as active.I sold three jackets on here,but have never seen those guys make a comment.How many of you registered,but never commented,plan to get an a-2 or other jacket this year?

nogbat

so why not organise a meet_up... i met a few members last year at duxford and it was a laugh. apart from our shared interest or sickness..air shows are a good choice but then i think you have to take peoples work and familly comitments into the frame.. i work unusual hours , but ime allways open to sudgestions ,, :twisted:

442RCT

Roughwear said:
You do wonder why they joined in the first place. :?

Registering was the only way to be able to read the posts. I just ended up posting after I couldn't find how to stop my cheap A-2 jacket from squeaking...matter of fact, I still don't know how to stop a cheap A-2 from squeaking. :roll:

wop54

ausreenactor said:

Couchy
Just to update the situation... (Sat 03 Mar 2012)
cartesio2.jpg

dujardin

i come here everyday, tough, i'm not a great collector, i have not much jacket

simply, i like to meet friends, to share something, aso...
it's a kind of spirit, i'm feeling as into a big family, it's a kind of what the french call ''camaraderie''.
the Marines call that ''Esprit de corps''.....though, i'm not one of them :lol:

i met on this forum some real good friends, most remain for the moment just virtual friends, but i already met 3 friends.
i dream to be able to meet more. to travel a little all around the world.

if i look at my score, wellll; i'm not in too bad place.
other people know mee as a big entousiast.
and that's enought for me

sooooo, why don't you come and post a little on this forum on wich you register some times ago
simply to schare, a little of your time, of your knowledge, of your friendship

marcel

deand

I post a lot about caps, budget jackets I cull from ebay, and a few efforts at insignia. The day comes when I pick up a third hand Goodwear on ebay and I'll feel like a made guy and post a bit more. Right now tend to keep my head down because I don't a) know a lot about vintage jackets i.e. contract numbers, and other details, and b) own anything really to feature. But I do appreciate the big guns around here and their showpieces, and always try to learn from them.

dean

ausreenactor

wop54 said:
ausreenactor said:

Couchy
Just to update the situation... (Sat 03 Mar 2012)
cartesio2.jpg

Nice work!!

Peter Graham

A worrying thing that I've noticed is that a number of regular posters have disappeared and two members have told me via PM that they have stopped posting for reasons that I'd rather not divulge.