• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idiot government employees the same the world over!!!!!!

Clark J

Just got a call on my jacket that is STILL stuck in UK customs...the person calling was from the USPS.She stated that UK customs needed some questions answered..."what is in the package"she asked? Stunned for a second(because as many of you guys know the customs and shipping papers are in a clear plastic envelope stuck to the front of the G*D DAM BOX!!!!)I said"well lets see whats on the carbon copies of the customs forms I have just like the ones that are in clear plastic envelope stuck to the front of the G*D DAM box!!!!!(things went down hill from there!)I answered"1x Leather men's jacket being return to the original manufacture for EXCHANGE,country of origin-UK!"Well how much does it weigh?WEEEELLLL "as it says on the USPS Express Mail shipping form 5 lbs 6ozs!"And what is it's value??JESUS MOTHER MARY!!!!!AGAIN "stated value as written on the custom form $750 USD!"Good lord is the a factory somewhere in the world where these people are made????Sorry to vent guys but man...????

bfrench

Administrator
Clark J said:
Just got a call on my jacket that is STILL stuck in UK customs...the person calling was from the USPS.She stated that UK customs needed some questions answered..."what is in the package"she asked? Stunned for a second(because as many of you guys know the customs and shipping papers are in a clear plastic envelope stuck to the front of the G*D DAM BOX!!!!)I said"well lets see whats on the carbon copies of the customs forms I have just like the ones that are in clear plastic envelope stuck to the front of the G*D DAM box!!!!!(things went down hill from there!)I answered"1x Leather men's jacket being return to the original manufacture for EXCHANGE,country of origin-UK!"Well how much does it weigh?WEEEELLLL "as it says on the USPS Express Mail shipping form 5 lbs 6ozs!"And what is it's value??JESUS MOTHER MARY!!!!!AGAIN "stated value as written on the custom form $750 USD!"Good lord is the a factory somewhere in the world where these people are made????Sorry to vent guys but man...????

Hi, Clark,

I can readily commiserate - I going through the ropes with Revenue Canada - one department says I put too much money in my RRSP (like your 401K) the other department says I didn't - you can just imagine the phone conversations - and the worst thing is you have to be polite - aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh.

Silver Dollar

Here's a good one. There is a phone number in the US that you can call to get answers to your tax questions. The office where the calls go is run by the Internal Revenue Service itself. They do say that if you call an IRS agent there and they answer your question wrong, you, the taxpayer are responsible for the wrong answer. Why bother calling them if you're taking a chance they don't know the answer and will give you wrong info.

bfrench

Administrator
Silver Dollar said:
Here's a good one. There is a phone number in the US that you can call to get answers to your tax questions. The office where the calls go is run by the Internal Revenue Service itself. They do say that if you call an IRS agent there and they answer your question wrong, you, the taxpayer are responsible for the wrong answer. Why bother calling them if you're taking a chance they don't know the answer and will give you wrong info.

Same here - the government always gets its dollar - eeerr man, that is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andrew

Clark J said:
....And what is it's value??JESUS MOTHER MARY!!!!!AGAIN "stated value as written on the custom form $750 USD!"

Hey Clark, you can't blame the poor knumbskulls for being confused, cos as far as they're aware according to the way the forms are normally filled out these jacket things are only supposed to cost $100! :lol:

zoomer

Both sides have a responsibility to slow up international trade that doesn't involve large corporations.

Tariffs, duties, embargos and such only work if they deter the little guy and convince him to buy what's for sale in his own country, at whatever markup is deemed fit.

Clark J

The real odd thing is that this call to me was only because I put an inquiry in through the USPS and that's when the UK wanted some questions answered.I wonder if the package would have ever been delivered...or will it be delivered??Still not at Eastman yet!!

dujardin

i was thinking that we have here in Belgium the most /%£*¨:ùùµ miserable people working in our f*%*£%*£%* Administration

but reading you, i see it's all over the world :p :p :p

not so far, regarding my home; i call an office; i ask a question (really simple). and get an answer..... wowww great....
two days after, i call again this office but get another lady who tell me.... : sorry mister but you are not correctly advised, this procedure doesn't exist.....
i answer this lady and tell her that HIS office, miss XYZ give me this advise......
wowwwwwwww what a reaction.....impossible she said, miss XYZ surely never told you this procedure.

so, i lost an afternoon, going personnaly to this office..... surprise, when i get there; the receptionnist tell me ... sorry sir, none of those 2 persons are present today.

can you imagine that...... in Belgium ...YES

bloody public administration

byeeeeeee marcel

John Lever

Subject: Latest Research

Oxford University researchers have discovered the heaviest element yet
known to science. Called Governmentium (symbol=Gv), it has one neutron, 25
assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons,
giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are
surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks.
Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be
detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into
contact.

A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally
take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years. It does not decay,
but instead undergoes a reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant
neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each
reorganisation will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.
This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe
that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical
concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as a critical
morass. When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium
(symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as
Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons

Clark J

THE MONARCH IS STILL MIA AT UK CUSTOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clark J

Well happily the saga is OVER!!!!Received my sz 46 Wed which I just went and bought HOPING I would get a full refund from the USPS(minus shipping because it was in customs)but to my delight the sz 48 was delivered today one month later to Eastman and a full refund was posted to my card!!!!The 46 352nd Monarch is a great jacket!!

Marv

Glad that it's all over and worked out in the end......any pics of the new Monarch to come ?

Silver Dollar

John Lever said:
Subject: Latest Research

Oxford University researchers have discovered the heaviest element yet
known to science. Called Governmentium (symbol=Gv), it has one neutron, 25
assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons,
giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are
surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks.
Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be
detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into
contact.

A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally
take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years. It does not decay,
but instead undergoes a reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant
neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each
reorganisation will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.
This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe
that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical
concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as a critical
morass. When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium
(symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as
Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know how I missed this but it's priceless. That's the best analogy I've ever heard. Well done John.