• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID of these two AAF bags?

a2jacketpatches

I found these over a year ago with some post WW2 stuff at an estate sale, the guy separated just after the war ( 1948 I think ) because there was a lot ofWW2 dated stuff as well. Any ideas as to what they are?

a2jacketpatches

A while back I bought with a B9 Parka, two A8 O2 masks, and a pair of pinback crew member wings and a bunch of other items that I can't remember exactly. Something rings a bell that he was in for a while after the war, maybe even later that 1948. So maybe USAF. I remember seeing a similar item with the 4 snap that may have been for attaching to the inside of a cockpit, or ejection seat or something along those lines, but that's what I get for not paying attention.

dmar836

With the nickle fittings I'd guess civi. Doesn't look like the first aid pouch and the oil cloth is unusual.
JMO,
Dave

Phantomfixer

could have been rigger made in the chute shop..the small one has a PN on it but this could have been from salvaged material, so the PN could be from whatever the salvaged item was...