• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I wonder what......

a2jacketpatches

This guy was flying back then and what he accomplished in it. Finding something like this in a box with 100's of other smalls is a shame. Especially when you know the guy selling it hasn't given a thought about the history as he scatters everything across the table.

I also picked up a dinner menu with the WW2 U.S. Army Persian Gulf Command insignia on the cover. About three months ago I purchased a blank scrap book with the same insignia from the same dealer. And that same week when researching the scrap book on Ebay I ran across a grouping of WW2 Persian Gulf photos and other items from the same guy being sold by another picker from the swap meet. This same picker recently tried selling me an M41 jacket that belonged to a civilian Tech Rep that was killed in action in France 1944. At the same time, He's got the guys photos, tunic, and some paperwork on separate auctions.

Anyway, this cool ribbon bar is all that remains of this unknown Airman.

B-Man2

Think of the accomplishments and heroism that this unknown airman demonstrated, to be honored with these commendations. Its kind of sad that this WWII vet faded away and his awards simply ended up in a box at a flea market.

His name (whoever he was) is almost certain to be on this list of DFC recipients;

http://projects.militarytimes.com/citat ... hp?medal=6