https://www.stripes.com/luck-goodwill-reuniting-wwii-vet-with-bomber-jacket-1.218471#.Wdq_AltSzcs

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by Silver Surfer, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

well that came out kinda goofy. anyhoo check it out, and ask your self, "how many times does lost a-2 find its way to the original owner?"

EmergencyIan, Smithy and Grant like this.
  2. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

That really is a great story and good on that fellow for hunting down and sending the jacket back to the old boy.

3. Edward

Edward Member

wow! $17? at a goodwill? in THAT shape? perfect paint on the back... I hate to say if it was me that jacket would still be on my back! LOL! but I'm glad it wasn't me... great story and sounds like the original owner will be very happy and proud to have it back in the family. someone at Goodwill or whoever had it to give to goodwill probably thought it was a repro.

4. B-Man2

B-Man2 Active Member

That was a great story!
    I live near Jacksonville Florida Naval Air Station.
    I've got Goodwill and Salvation Army Stores out the ying yang all around me.
    Tomorrow, I'm going to everyone of them;)

Edward and Smithy like this.
  5. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

17 bucks? Aeeesh. See, you guys in the states have at least half a chance of still coming across stuff like that in charity shops. In the unlikely event anything like that showed up in one over here, they would have it on Ebay. Most of ours have too good an idea what things are worth, although I have had some cracking charity shop bargains. A mate of mine bought an Irvin in one, but that was in the 60’s, and he paid £25 which was a lot of money in those days.

6. blackrat2

blackrat2 Member

Thanks for posting

7. Edward

Edward Member

what's more awesome is that it ended up being found by someone who knew what it was and had the heart to research and connect it back to the original owner.... anyone could have bought it and it would have been lost again for who knows how long.. and until it rotted at the seams.... but instead ended up in the right hands by pure fate!

EmergencyIan likes this.