• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HPA

DJS48

I was doing some browsing and went to the HPA site, probably the first time in a year or longer. I saw that HPA was offering a USL reproduction A-2. I would like to get atleast a used one from GW or whomever. Cutting to the chase, HPA's selling price is 1695usd. I am/was stunned. I have been more focused with GW and BK prices. Merely an observation. PC Disclaimer: This thread does not intend to defame, demean, diminish nor provide any form of partisanship with regard to the aforementioned companies.
Cheers,
Don

Persimmon

mrchina said:
I was doing some browsing and went to the HPA site, probably the first time in a year or longer. I saw that HPA was offering a USL reproduction A-2. I would like to get atleast a used one from GW or whomever. Cutting to the chase, HPA's selling price is 1695usd. I am/was stunned. I have been more focused with GW and BK prices. Merely an observation. PC Disclaimer: This thread does not intend to defame, demean, diminish nor provide any form of partisanship with regard to the aforementioned companies.
Cheers,
Don

http://historypreservation.com/hpassoci ... roduct.php

mrchina said:
Cheers,
Don

Wait and See. Free Market and all that.....

Jeff M

Looks like Buzz Rckson is the manufacturer.
From what I've seen, Japanese based A2 repro manufacturer prices like Buzz Rickson, "The Few", Real McCoy, tend to be up there.
And as regards to HPA...at least with their Eastman A2's, you are not paying less than you would be if you purchased directly from Eastman. It wouldn't surprise me if the same were true for their offerings from other companies.

DJS48

I was merely surprised by the USL's price. It appears many of their products are competitive with other makers.
Cheers,
Don

Jeff M

One of the less commonly reproduced A2 contracts.
"Special" hide.
Marketing.

As the saying goes, it's the Indian, not the arrow.
Bottom line..it's a Buzz Rickson A2.

ausreenactor

Jeff M said:
Looks like Buzz Rckson is the manufacturer.
From what I've seen, Japanese based A2 repro manufacturer prices like Buzz Rickson, "The Few", Real McCoy, tend to be up there.
And as regards to HPA...at least with their Eastman A2's, you are not paying less than you would be if you purchased directly from Eastman. It wouldn't surprise me if the same were true for their offerings from other companies.

The majority of Buzz Rickson cloth and nylon jackets can be purchased from HPA for hundreds less than Buzz Rickson Europe/ELC. The HPA BR prices compare with Yahoo Japan retail, sometimes less..

Couchy

John Lever

You need to add 25 to 30 % if importing into the UK. Charles might mark any parcel as a gift but it makes no difference to the taxman.