• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to reduce wool itch?

srivats

Folks, I recently picked up a jacket with a (wool) blanket lining on the inside. It is slightly itchy, esp on the forearms where the sleeves come in contact with my skin directly. The jacket is a perfect fit for me and it would be even more perfect if I can get this slight itch to go away.

I googled about wool itch and found a lot of sites suggesting the use of hair conditioner to soften the wool (makes sense, wool is, in a way, hair afterall). But how do I use it on a jacket lining?

Anyone knows of any products that I can use to reduce the itchiness? Or any other tips?

I am not allergic to wool, btw.

Jason

Remembering back to my school days when I had to wear a wool jumper (sweater or pullover, depending on what country you are in) as part of my uniform, yes some wool softening conditioner helped (I guess that hair conditioner does much the same thing); but as you've identified a lining is more difficult to wash than a jumper alone. Not sure how to overcome this.
But the other thing that helped was wear. Just wearing it seemed to tame the wool itch. I had the same thing on my WPG Royal Navy jumper too, and it was cured by just wear - hasn't been washed once yet or treated with a conditioner either.

srivats

Thanks Jason ... As I mentioned the itch is not too much and I think it will go away eventually with wear ...