• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to edit

A

Anonymous

Hi, want to edit my post in the buy/sell section
but can't find the 'edit' button anywhere

any ideas?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
PLATON said:
I don't see the benefit if it is turned off.

It can be a nuisance, but can you suggest another way of preventing a disgruntled member from editing out all his posts?

MikeyB-17

Let 'em. It's not as if we've been overrun with people deleting their posts. I also agree it's a pain in the bum not being able to edit your posts, and IMHO the disadvantages of not being able to edit outweigh the advantages. I just don't think it's necessary.

dmar836

It's really annoying when one posts a rebuttal or defense of something they said, you respond appropriately, then they deleat or revise their comments making you look like a wang.
These deleations also perforate threads so that they no longer make sense or read smoothly.
JMO,
Dave

Steve27752

deeb7 said:
PLATON said:

It can be a nuisance, but can you suggest another way of preventing a disgruntled member from editing out all his posts?

It matters not in the slightest if a member delets his posts. We should have the edit option restored......................................Bill, you out there?

watchmanjimg

Steve27752 said:
deeb7 said:
PLATON said:

It matters not in the slightest if a member delets his posts. We should have the edit option restored......................................Bill, you out there?

I agree. The decision whether to change or delete a post should rest entirely with the poster.

bfrench

Administrator
You have 30 minutes to edit your posts.

As others have said the poster coming back at a later date and deleting thins really makes a mess of continuity.

Also - in the Buy / Sell section - the original poster cannot come back and then makes changes when a conflict arises.

There is also of responsibility to the forum for hosting a Buy / Sell section - the forum ultimately becomes responsible for the content because it is the owner - wacky world but that's the way it is.

The last session of deletions that prompted this was not the first - it has happened when the admins weren't as cautious as we are now which could have been a real problem if certain actions had gone ahead as planned.

For now - there is a 30 minute edit function - the same as many forum sites where I belong and some of these have members 10 times what we have and they get along fine.

As far as the Buy / Sell where you want to show that an item has sold - just create a new topic with the old one linked in the subject.

Atticus

Bil, My problum is I caint spel. An i sumtymes dunt fine my mustakes until aftur thurty minits...thurtie minits...until aftur a haf our.

Thin, when I caint eddit, I feel stoopid.

Attycus

Vcruiser

Atticus said:
Bil, My problum is I caint spel. An i sumtymes dunt fine my mustakes until aftur thurty minits...thurtie minits...until aftur a haf our.

Attycus

...then go get a big city lawyer and sue for damages :idea:

Atticus

Vcruiser said:
Atticus said:

Attycus

I'me damaged....thayt's fur shoore.

AYE EFF

Vcruiser

Atticus said:
Vcruiser said:
Atticus said:

Attycus

I'me damaged....thayt's fur shoore.

AYE EFF

Mite bee tha berbins falts..... :ugeek:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bfrench said:
As far as the Buy / Sell where you want to show that an item has sold - just create a new topic with the old one linked in the subject.

Simply posting SOLD to the existing threads seems to be working fine ... many members never bothered to edit the title anyway.