• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much do you think this one will go for?

Harlock

IMG_6048.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ink:top:en

Looks like it's in great shape, a larger size (probably a size 44), and in horsehide. I've always wanted one of these two-tone jobs but I think that this one will go for a lot more than I can afford (at this time at least).

PLUS... I'm not even sure if this jacket would suit me. Seems to be cut pretty big in the middle and back, and it doesn't do much for the guy wearing it (don't know what would... a six-pack?).

I'd pay $300.00 without hesitation, but couldn't go any higher without trying it on first. My guess is that this will reach $1,000.00.

havocpaul

I love these 2-tone jackets, I had one back in 1978/79, the same as worn by many UK punk bands, mine came from the King's Rd, Chelsea, London and cost £25.00 back then. I swapped it for an original A-2 a few years later...regret it now as I haven't seen another like it. This one is different, more like the one worn by Johnny Thunders back then.

Harlock

havocpaul said:
This one is different, more like the one worn by Johnny Thunders back then.
Johnny Thunders -- one of the all-time great rock stars.
withfan0303.jpg

janarchyintheuktour.jpg

For those who don't know, JT was a NYC born Italian who dreamt of becoming Keith Richards. Instead he got hooked on heroin and invented punk rock.

mazeta

Harlock said:
havocpaul said:
This one is different, more like the one worn by Johnny Thunders back then.
Johnny Thunders -- one of the all-time great rock stars.
withfan0303.jpg

janarchyintheuktour.jpg

For those who don't know, JT was a NYC born Italian who dreamt of becoming Keith Richards. Instead he got hooked on heroin and invented punk rock.
Wasn't it old Keef who introduced JT to the white horse?

A

Anonymous

For about $100 you could convert an all black jacket to two tone ,why spend $2500.00 .Take off what is needed to convert to white and use them as the pattern .

Jeff

DUBOWA2 said:
For about $100 you could convert an all black jacket to two tone ,why spend $2500.00 .Take off what is needed to convert to white and use them as the pattern .

Jeff

Anybody can get their hands on a fake or a repro. It's scoring a rare original that is the source of the fun. This applies to many things.

A

Anonymous

BUT THE POINT BEING HE ONLY WANTED TO PAY $300.00 ,HENCE MY SUGGESTION .

JEFF