• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How legit is this Roughwear 23380 with patches?

Vcruiser

You're not fooling anyone. Obviously you are a peeker. Just can't help yourself. The slightest criticism makes you go bonkers and we never hear the end of it. :roll:

a2jacketpatches

Just making perfect use of the handy little feature on this forum John. Know idea what was said, but historically ( feel free to research back a bit) it has nothing to do with the topic at hand and everything to do with belittling anything and everything I have to say. If that is so annoying to somebody, I highly recommend the ignore feature to them as well as opposed to being self appointed moderator. I can at the least say that MY participation here IS relevant to the subject matter.

Over and out, next thread.

unclegrumpy

Back to the jacket...

You did not mention the price.

I agree both the ATC and CBI patches are original, but both are also US made. The ATC is a decal on leather, and a very common squadron patch. Typically, CBI jackets that have been "over there" have something on them made in the CBI....and even with that...these same patches are common.

This jacket looks like it was put together after the guy got home, possibly for wear just before the war ended or more likely, just postwar.

I like the jacket, and think it is original, but think you should be careful not over pay for the insignia on it. IMO, it is worth only slightly more than a jacket with nothing on it.

unclegrumpy

Also, as far as looking this guy up, there is a four volume set of books put out by the Hump Pilot's Association called "China Airlift - The Hump". I have volumes 2 & 3, and he is not in either...maybe someone has one of the other two, and can check for you.

TankBuster

unclegrumpy said:
Back to the jacket...

You did not mention the price.

I agree both the ATC and CBI patches are original, but both are also US made. The ATC is a decal on leather, and a very common squadron patch. Typically, CBI jackets that have been "over there" have something on them made in the CBI....and even with that...these same patches are common.

This jacket looks like it was put together after the guy got home, possibly for wear just before the war ended or more likely, just postwar.

I like the jacket, and think it is original, but think you should be careful not over pay for the insignia on it. IMO, it is worth only slightly more than a jacket with nothing on it.

I agree 100% with all the above. Sound advice right there!