• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How good are bill kelso compared to GW Eastman real mccoy

mindful

Hello chaps i just wondered what your thoughts are in comparison of BILL KELSO as i have noticed how good there jackets are starting to look really nice compared to good wear leather Eastman and real mccoys for accuracy detail and quietly .

Roughwear

Re: how good are bill kelso campared to GW Eastman real mcco

The latest BK A2s have improved immensely since the first ones appeared a couple of years ago. More detailed reviews are needed to be able to answer your question objectively. The answer also depends partly on which GW, ELC and RM jackets are being used by way of comparison. For examples Monarchs from GW, BK and ELC could be compared.

Dr H

...and an A-1 is imminent, which could also be compared with the above.

Roughwear

If ones uses an original A2 as the basis for comparison then GW produces the most accurate Monarch and the BK version is based on a the inaccurate ELC version. It would be interesting to compare the RW 27752 which I understand all three companies based on original examples. The GW version is considered closer to originals than the ELC version and the BK version, which looks excellent, is perhaps a very close second to GW, but wins in terms of price.

John Lever

Is there a new website? My old link and the Google link go to a dead page.

Dr H

Does anybody own (or has anybody owned) 27752 jackets from both GW and ELC?
I understand that BK is willing to pay shipping costs both ways to supply a jacket for comparison. I'll be comparing the BK A-1 alongside jackets from GW and ELC in a few weeks, but I know nothing about the subtleties of the Roughwear pattern.
One for you perhaps, Andrew?

Roughwear

I own a GW 27752 and an original, both in a size 44. I have owned earlier ELC RW 27752s, but not the improved warhorse version. All I can say is ELC still gets the position of the pockets wrong-too high up. The pockets on my GW jacket are too small. I'm not sure about those on the BK jacket without measuring them.

Dr H

Platon
It sounds like Andrew is the man for your review with this one.
Andrew, what about it? Warts and all review of the contenders?

Roughwear

I would love to objectively review a size 44 BK 27752! Bring it on Platon! :)

Marv

Dr H said:
Does anybody own (or has anybody owned) 27752 jackets from both GW and ELC?
I understand that BK is willing to pay shipping costs both ways to supply a jacket for comparison. I'll be comparing the BK A-1 alongside jackets from GW and ELC in a few weeks, but I know nothing about the subtleties of the Roughwear pattern.
One for you perhaps, Andrew?

I have an ELC RW 27752 in warhorse hide and should have my GW RW 27752 in a couple of months so should be able to do a review of the two some time then.

Hoping to have it in time for Legends in July...... :)

Roughwear

Paul you just need a BK RW 27752 and an original to write the perfect review! ;) Or should be collaborate?

mindful

its always good to know how accurate these jackets we are buying now a days, if your gonna wear a reproduction jacket you want it to be as accurate as possible .

stanier

I'm asking BK for a RW 27752 for the free jacket I'm so pleased to have luckily won in the recent draw, so if the good folks at BK are happy we can do a review.

Cheers

Chris

bseal

As good as your spelling and punctuation.

:p

Jeff M

Don't know about their A2's
Received one of their M422's last fall.
Very disappointing.

zoomer

At least you're kind enough to spare us the details. :roll: