• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How can I get rid of the smell of cigarettes ?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
saucerfiend said:
How exactly do you apply the baking soda? Just place an opened box inside the bag, or sprinkle all over the coat?

Sprinkle all over the coat ... I like to turn it every day, and move the soda about. In the bath tub is easiest, vacuum off the soda when you're done.

"Unfortunately, it's a hard smell to be rid of."

Very true.

Back when I used to smoke, I had an Avirex "Macarthur" A-2 that I wore a lot. (Purchased in 1990, so this was a while ago.)

One year I had quit smoking over the Summer, and when I pulled the jacket out of the closet that Fall to wear, I couldn't believe the overwhelming stench of cigarette smoke that was embedded in the lining!

I hadn't been able smell it when I was smoking, but it reeked once I had stopped. :lol:

grommet

Tim P said:
pinching the thread temporarily,, my new goodwear is a bit malodourous at the moment, not a nice leather smell, and it can fill a room. apart from natural wear which dampens it over time, what can I do to help it shed the odour

What is it made out of?