• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Honoring the Men Who Wore the Jackets

unclegrumpy

Mike Justus died at a very young age of 23 in 1970 during a midair crash when two AH-1Cobra helicopters (mike was the copilot) made a victory break comming back after a mission. He craduated from the Army Flight School (flight class 69-12) in may of 1969. He started his tour in Vietnam in october that year and died march 1970. His unit was the HMLA-367. His service record states that he was a "reserve component of the U.S. Marine Corps". He wore a Gregory Sportswear INC 7823D dated 1967.I bought the jacket in Osaka Japan, how it endedup there is a mystery to me.

SEMPER FI !

I have been thinking a lot about Jeroen's recent post about the history of a Vietnam era Marine's G-1 he has. There have also been some excellent posts recently from members sharing their father's jackets, patches and stories.

The sacrifice, the sweat, and the blood these brave veterans spilled needs to be remembered as we pay tribute to them in our admiration of the clothes they wore. I think that there should be a separate section on this board for the posts that honor the men who wore these jackets....what do you think?

watchmanjimg

I think it would be a great idea to share whatever information we have about the servicemen who wore our jackets. The Justus G-1 is a particularly unusual find, but I suppose many of us own jackets with verifiable histories. I say go for it!

Curahee

That's a great idea, a whole section dedicated to veteran jackets + their story. Not just the
dry facts (where it has been, missions) but also if possible the story of the man that wore it.