• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holy Grail of B-3s, the 1937 undyed sheepskin contract!

MikeyB-17

Another one.
IMG_0210.JPG

Roughwear

Thanks Mike. This looks like the 1935 Werber contract (35-1545) which did not have the sleeve facings. Looks like the chest buckle has been removed/fell off!

Garylafortuna

There are environmentally friendly dry cleaning plants operating just about everywhere now. Might be worth enquiring. Their cleaning cycles are gentler on garments I think.

John Lever

The only thing I would try is a light dab with a damp cloth. You could spray on some warm water from a mist spray.

Last edited:

Peter Graham

I'd hesitate to try cleaning it with anything more than warm water. It looks great with the combat worn look anyway.

dmar836

I think I agree. A while back I bought some lanolin oil/soap as once suggested(since it's "from sheep") and with a microfiber cloth wiped the fleece of a B-3. I think it might have helped but Woolite or anything else might have had the same effect. I didn't "wash" it mind you - just dipped the cloth in the soap mix and rubbed it on the fleece cuffs, etc.
Considering they used to scrub these things with acetone, I doubt I hurt anything. I might try it on the flesh side of a B-7.
Yours is clean enough to leave as-is IMO.

Dave

Garylafortuna

Another thing that may remove some of the grit is those sticky roller things that are used to remove pet hair and lint from garments. It worked very well removing the soil from the collar of a woolen pea coat. It is also non invasive and should not be a threat to the integrity of the jacket.

Falcon_52

Excellent, Andrew! Thanks for posting photos of this beauty. I especially find the collar snap female end fascinating. I have never seen one like it before; quite unique.

Noel